Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series was a groundbreaking hit that added a much needed darker corner to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hence, anticipation is high for Daredevil season 2, which is not yet done filming and will premiere on Netflix in 2016. Being a breakout superhero TV series, Daredevil was one of two Marvel Netflix series that were big attractions at New York Comic-Con 2015 (the other being the upcoming Jessica Jones); in addition to a panel that highlighted plans for Daredevil season 2, NYCC attendees were greeted to a sneak peak teaser trailer for the episodes that lie ahead.
Now the first-look footage for Daredevil season 2 has made it's way online, and you can watch the debut of the new Punisher and Elektra for yourself.
— App Store (@AppStore) October 12, 2015
(For Now) You have to slog through a season 1 recap to see the official Daredevil season 2 teaser that leaked online earlier today. The montage of footage is brief, but we get all the major bullet points (pun):
- A thematic arch (Matt Murdock's continued guilt over his dual life and its consequences).
- The introduction of Jon Bernthal's Punisher (with that Terminator strut and that gravely "Bang" [or "beg"] line that will invite Walking Dead comparisons).
- The new (and even more ninja-like) Elektra, played by Elodie Young, star of District 13 and G.I. Joe 2.
- Supporting characters like Foggy (Elden Henson) and Claire (Rosario Dawson) still caught in the crossfire.
- Daredevil (Charlie Cox) in full costume, up to some dark superheroing.
Daredevil season 1 is currently available on Netflix. Jessica Jones will be made available starting November 20th, 2015, followed by Luke Cage season 1 and Daredevil season 2 in 2016. Iron Fist and The Defenders will arrive sometime thereafter.