San Diego Comic-Con 2018 is finally here, running from July 19-21. But just when and where are the (many) Marvel panels?
Marvel Studios may not be putting on a Hall H panel this year, but the studio is still planning to celebrate their 10-year anniversary with a range of panels that explore their behind-the-scenes processes. The wider MCU will be well-represented, too, with Marvel Television running a number of panels dedicated to their ongoing TV shows. Attendees will be treated to cast Q&As for shows like Cloak & Dagger, and it seems likely Marvel will drop a trailer for Iron Fist Season 2. Marvel Games is running a particularly exciting presentation dedicated to some of their upcoming projects. And there's the usual wide range of comic-book panels, including a first chance to meet with new editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski.
Related: Why The MCU Is Skipping SDCC In 2018
With so much going on, it's easy to lose track. Here, we've collected details of every single Marvel panel at SDCC 2018, divided by category - Marvel Studios, Marvel Television, Marvel Comics, Marvel Animation, and finally Marvel Games and action figures.
Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years Panels
The highlight of the "First Ten Years" panels will be on Thursday at 5:00pm, in Room 25ABC. This features Marvel's Visual Development Team, who will present never-before-seen concept art and discuss their favorite designs from the last decade of Marvel movies.
On Thursday at 4:00pm, Black Panther costume designer Ruth E. Carter will be in Room 9, joined by a group of costume concept artists and specialty manufacturers/jewelers to discuss the behind-the-scenes process. On Friday, at 4:00pm in Room 25ABC, Hollywood prop master Russell Bobbit will host a panel in which he'll explore his work for Marvel Studios, and take audience questions.
Marvel movies may be avoiding revealing anything new at SDCC 2018, but that isn't true of the TV division. Four of Marvel's biggest shows - two MCU, two X-Men - will be in presence across the weekend, with at least a couple of trailers in the pipeline.
- Iron Fist: Thursday, July 19, 6:00pm (Ballroom 20) - Marvel Netflix's big panel, a trailer and release date for Iron Fist Season 2 are expected.
- Cloak & Dagger: Friday, July 20, 5:45pm (Ballroom 20) - Showrunner Joe Pokaski has recently started discussing Season 2, so there may be a renewal announcement for Cloak & Dagger.
- The Gifted: Saturday, July 21, 2:30pm (Ballroom 20) - The Gifted Season 2 panel will include Loeb, showrunner Matt Nix, and stars such as Stephen Moyer, Sean Teale, Jamie Chung, and Emma Dumont.
- Legion: Sunday, July 22, 2:15pm (Hall H) - Legion goes to Hall H with showrunner Noah Hawley and members of the cast, with a sneak peek at Season 3 promised.
It's become a tradition for Marvel Comics to have a strong presence at SDCC, and many of their panels have become annual events. This year is unique, though, in that it presents attendees with a first opportunity to meet new editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski.
- Spider-Man: Friday, 12:30pm (Room 5AB) - Expect teasers for the impending "Spider-Geddon" event.
- Cup O' Joe: Friday, 1:30pm (Room 5AB) - Joe Quesada's regular panel, this time dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the "Marvel Knights" imprint.
- Making Comics the Marvel Way: Friday, 3:00pm (Room 25ABC) - Featuring C.B. Cebulski and talent scout Rickey Purdin.
- Marvel's Next Big Thing: Saturday, 1:45pm (Room 6A) - Marvel's keynote panel, hosted by editor Nick Lowe, and with guests including Margaret Stohl and Donny Yates.
- Meet the Editor-in-Chief: Saturday, 3:00pm (Room 6A) - A unique opportunity to attend a Q&A with new editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski.
- X-Men: Sunday, 11:15am (Room 5AB) - Marvel is promising teasers of the upcoming "X-Termination" event.
- Women of Marvel: Sunday, 12:30pm (Room 6DE) - Hosted by Marvel's Sana Amanat (VP of content and character development) and Judy Stephens (producer at Marvel), with a mystery panel of guests from across Marvel.
On Friday, at 3:00pm in Room 25ABC, Ryan Penagos and Jamie Frevele will present a live episode of the "This Week in Marvel" podcast.
Marvel Animation usually only host a single panel, but this year they're doubling up due to the Marvel Rising animated movie.
- Marvel Rising: Thursday, 3:15pm (Room 6DE) - Including stars Dove Cameron, Chloe Bennet, Milana Vayntrub, Kathreen Khavari, and Kamil McFadden.
- Marvel Animation: Sunday, 1:30pm (Room 6A) - Marvel is promising never-before-seen footage from The Avengers: Black Panther's Quest and Spider-Man.
Marvel Games & Toys
Marvel Games will put on a special Hall H presentation on Thursday at 1:00pm. This will give an exclusive look at the upcoming Marvel games, including Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel Powers VR. Confirmed panelists include Marvel's Mike Jones and Bill Rosemann, along with Insomniac's Bryan Intihar.
On Saturday, at 4:00pm in Room 25ABC, Hasbro and Marvel product experts will reveal what's next for the popular "Marvel Legends" range of action figures.
This #SDCC post is brought to you in partnership with Regal Cinemas.