This summer's Captain America: Civil War kicked off Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in style. Earning widespread critical acclaim (read our review), it became the first movie of 2016 to earn $1 billion at the worldwide box office and is currently the highest grossing film of the year. With its theatrical run drawing to a close soon, attention will start turning to the home media release and all the goodies that will entail.
As many fans know, a key selling point of Blu-rays is the bonus material, which offers behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the film, peeling the curtain back and showcasing how standout sequences were crafted. These always have the potential to be highly insightful and a treat for cinephiles, many of whom have a high interest in filmmaking. And for fans of mega franchises, the extra content satisfies cravings they have for more of a particular brand as they await the next series installment. Luckily, it seems like the Civil War Blu-ray will have all those bases covered.
During the annual Disney Holiday Preview in New York, Stitch Kingdom got their hands on a copy of the Civil War Blu-ray that was on display. It included the list of special features that will be available on the disc. UPDATE: The official Civil War Blu-ray cover has been revealed, along with official descriptions of the film's Blu-ray special features. The Civil War DVD/Blu-ray arrives on September 13th of this year, though the film will become available in Digital HD a week and a half earlier, on September 2nd.
Here are the official descriptions of the Civil War Blu-ray special features:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War.
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange - Exclusive Sneak Peek – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
This is a fairly comprehensive collection that should give viewers a lot to check out once they rewatch the film again. The making of documentary is sure to be chock full of fun interviews and revelations, chronicling Captain America's arc from when he was first introduced back in 2011. It's also nice to see that there is a feature length audio commentary with the Russo brothers and the writing team of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. The passion that quartet has for Marvel's characters is apparent based on their work in Civil War and The Winter Soldier, so listening to them dive deep into the process of bringing such an ambitious project to the screen should be fascinating.
While the examinations of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark (in the "Road To" series) sound interesting, there will probably be more attention given to the Doctor Strange preview as Marvel shifts gears to the Sorcerer Supreme's origin story. They have long had success elevating "second tier" heroes to A-list status, and Stephen Strange is hoping to follow the footsteps of Peter Quill and Scott Lang. There will be many people purchasing Civil War on home media, so this is a golden opportunity for Marvel to promote their upcoming project, which will be the first to delve into the realm of magic in the MCU. Hence, it's no surprise that the Civil War Blu-ray will be on shelves well before November, when Doctor Strange is slated to hit the multiplex.
Captain America: Civil War will be available on Digital HD, Digital 3D and Disney Movies Anywhere on September 2nd, 2016 and on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 13th, 2016.
Doctor Strange opens in U.S. theaters on November 4, 2016, followed by Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man: Homecoming – July 7, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp– July 6, 2018;Captain Marvel– March 8, 2019; Avengers: Infinity War Part 2– May 3, 2019; and as-yet untitled Marvel movies on July 12, 2019, and on May 1, July 10, and November 6 in 2020.
Source: Stitch Kingdom
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!