Every squad needs a rusher to push forward and deal the initial blow with overwhelming force, and ruin is the tip of the spear.
- Equipment: Grapple Gun - Quickly move to elevations and other locations.
- Ability: Grav Slam - A short, aggressive leap that delivers a lethal blast in radius around the point of impact.
A disciplined and merciless warrior, Seraph commands strategic control of the map, directing her team to victory.
- Equipment: Tac-Deploy - Deployable beacon that allows your teammates to re-deploy to the surrounding area.
- Ability: Annihilator - Massive high caliber revolver that fires devastating rounds with increased bullet penetration.
With a gift for improvised destruction, Torque defensively controls the flow of combat by securing chokepoints and positions.
- Equipment: Razor Wire - Place razor wire to damage and slow enemies that attempt to cross it.
- Ability: Barricade - Deploy reinforced cover protection while securing objectives. Built in microwave field slows and damages enemies. Owner can deactivate cover at will.
Not playable at Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Community Reveal event.
Relying on his survivalist training, Nomad has mastered the art of the ambush as his primary tool for outsmarting his foes.
Representing the cutting edge of combat weaponry, Prophet uses technology to disrupt opponents’ tactics and prevent them from closing in.
Even in the limited two hours we had to play the PC and PS4 versions of Black Ops 4 multiplayer, there were obvious must-picks which raises the question of how balance the operators really are. Recon and Ruin, for instance, are always chosen while some specialists may be more situational. The game is clearly trying to emulate Rainbow Six Siege while attempting to keep that Call of Duty feel which is a challenging and odd balance to go for in a fast-paced respawn-heavy shooter where there are also point streak awards and long cool-down for abilities. The core gameplay still comes down to moving and shooting faster and better than the opposition, though the forced focus on specialists makes for intriguing esports gameplay.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018 Video Game) release date: Oct 12, 2018