Black Mirror's season 4 trailer reveals all 6 episode titles for the season. There once was a time where the TV landscape was full of sci-fi and horror anthology series - such as classics like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits - offering viewers a brand new story with new characters each time out. In more recent years though, the preferred style of genre anthology has changed to single stories being told over the course of individual seasons, thanks to shows like American Horror Story and Channel Zero.
One series doing its best to keep the old-school style of anthology programming alive is Netflix's Black Mirror, which tells a new story with new characters in each new episode, although little connections between stories suggest that all of them might take place within the same (often dystopian) universe. Black Mirror's stories are set in a near future where invasive technology has become more and more powerful and prevalent. For instance, a season 3 episode called "Nosedive" takes a look at a world where one's social media rating is everything, while season 2's infamous "White Bear" features a world where those dispensing justice have become just as cruel as those receiving it.
While it had long been assumed that Black Mirror season 4 would be coming sometime in 2017 - after all, seasons 3 and 4 had been ordered at the same time - Netflix has now seen fit to release the first trailer for the new batch of 6 episodes. Sadly, the trailer doesn't provide a release date, only ending with the phrase "coming soon." Still, the trailer does reveal the titles of all 6 episodes.
The season 4 episode titles are as follows (all of which were either written or co-written by Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker):
- "Crocodile", starring Andrea Riseborough, Andrew Gower and Kiran Sonia Sawar, with John Hillcoat (Triple Nine) directing.
- "ArkAngel", starring Rosemarie Dewitt, Brenna Harding and Owen Teague, with Jodie Foster (Orange is the New Black) directing.
- “Hang the DJ”, starring Georgina Campbell, Joe Cole and George Blagden, with Tim Van Patten (Boardwalk Empire) directing.
- “USS Callister”, starring Jesse Plemons, Cristin Milioti, Jimmi Simpson and Michaela Coel, with Toby Haynes (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell) directing.
- “Metalhead”, starring Maxine Peake, Jake Davies and Clint Dyer, with David Slade (American Gods) directing.
- “Black Museum”, starring Douglas Hodge, Letitia Wright and Babs Olusanmokun, with Colm McCarthy (Peaky Blinders) directing.
Whatever season 4's stories end up being about, it'll be interesting to see if any of them succeed in topping what is arguably Black Mirror's most beloved episode to date, season 3's "San Junipero". A tale of a new love so powerful that it eventually transcended both time and death itself, "San Junipero" earned Black Mirror two Emmy nominations, and many fans now hope for a sequel.
Black Mirror season 4 is "coming soon" to Netflix.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!