In a wonderful example of cross-media marketing - and to generate more excitement for Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Batman: Arkham Knight is getting tie-in DLC with the upcoming film. Warner Bros. isn’t holding back on this tentpole theatrical release with a budget rumored to be larger than any other movie since it serves as a launching point for a massive shared universe of movies, a dozen or so that have already been announced, with many others reportedly in the works as well.
The timing of the Batman V Superman DLC announcement, which detailed the inclusion of Ben Affleck's Batsuit and the new Batmobile was made seemingly to distract gamers from the horrors of the broken PC version of the game which a series of updates haven't been able to fully rectify, but full refunds are offered for those interested. Moving on, Warner Bros. is now showcasing Batman: Arkham Knight's November update contents which releases today for season pass holders.
At the forefront of today’s update is Affleck’s suit and Batmobile, and Catwoman and Robin starring in their own episodes. There are additional Augmented Reality challenges for them as well as the ability to choose your character in the Invisible Predator AR mode. Robin also gets another suit based on his Tim Drake appearance and his own themed Batmobile and the Wayne Tech pack includes another two tracks.
- Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4: Get this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack to receive various challenge and predator maps featuring Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and Azrael. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in FreeFlow Combat and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.
- WayneTech Track Pack: Test your skills behind the wheel with these two cutting edge WayneTech themed racetracks.
- Robin and Batmobile Skins Packs: Get this Robin and Batmobile skins pack to don the Original Tim Drake Robin costume and speed through Gotham City with the Robin Themed Batmobile Skin.
- Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin: Puzzle your enemies with this Riddler themed Batmobile skin.
- Free Updates:
- Character Selection in AR Invisible Predator Challenges.
- GCPD Lockdown 2 AR Challenge Rooms
Batman: Arkham Knight brings the critically-acclaimed Arkham series to its conclusion, pitting Batman head-to-head against classic series villains united under the banner of the Scarecrow and the mysterious Arkham Knight. Gameplay for the fourth game in the series (the third by Rocksteady) is similar to previous games with the biggest addition being the Batmobile which opens the game to pursuit and battle modes - one feature which some fans felt violated Batman’s no-kill rule. Players play primarily in the boots of Batman, but Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman were available to play, with Harley Quinn, Batgirl, and the Red Hood available as DLC in their respective story packs.
Dawn of Justice is drawing a ton of hype as one of the biggest movies of 2016, and the video game, despite numerous issues on one platform, helps add to it. The numerous DLC packs have been a little bit lackluster with play times for certain chapters coming in less than an hour - specifically Harley Quinn and Red Hood’s missions - so we can only hope the November Update is more substantial.
Ben Affleck’s Batsuit and Batmobile from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are available for download starting today. Batman: Arkham Knight was released June 23, 2015 and re-released for the PC on October 23, 2015.