Here's how you can avoid finding any spoilers for Avengers: Endgame. Marvel Studios is just over a week away from the theatrical release of their most anticipated movie yet and one that will end the story of Marvel Cinematic Universe to this point. Due to the hype surrounding Avengers: Endgame, they've taken a very careful approach with their marketing in an effort to keep as much about the film under wraps as possible.
Since Marvel has done their part to keep all of Avengers: Endgame's secrets in tact, directors Anthony and Joe Russo have now put the call out to the general public to keep up the spoiler-free zone. They used #ThanosDemandsYourSilence to urge fans not to spoil Avengers: Infinity War online, and now they're employing #DontSpoilTheEndgame to do the same. But that still means spoilers will be out there.
The most that anyone has seen of Avengers: Endgame is severely limited right now, but that will change very soon. The world premiere of the film is on April 22 and the review embargo will lift the following day on April 23. From there, several international markets will see the film drop in theaters on April 24, with more markets like the UK getting it on April 25, a day before the official opening day in the United States on April 26. This gives fans a few days where details of the film will inevitably surface online before they can actually see it.
Being careful of Google or YouTube searches will help, while avoiding social media altogether would go a long way in avoiding spoilers. Truth be told, most people do not want to learn about any possible spoilers, much less spread them around, but there is a growing danger of these details surfacing online. If you can't completely stay off the internet during this time, here's some safety tips to avoid any Avengers: Endgame spoilers.
How To Mute Avengers: Endgame Spoilers On Social Media
For social media, many of these platforms have introduced a mute feature that allows users to specifically hide any posts from certain accounts or ones that contain particular words or phrases. Here's how to do so on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram:
- Twitter: The social media platform gives complete control to users to protect themselves from spoilers. Entire accounts can be muted, but it also allows users to mute specific words. To do the latter, you need to open "Settings and privacy", go to "Content Preferences", open "Muted" under the Safety tab, select "Muted words," click "Add" at the bottom right corner, and then type in the word or phrase that should be muted. Specifications on duration of the mute, who to mute, and where the muted world will not appear can then be added in sections below.
- Facebook: Unfortunately, no true mute feature exists for Facebook so far. They do have a snooze option that can be used to hide posts from certain individuals or pages, so this can be used to hide any friends, family members, or pages that you are worried could share spoilers. To hide these posts, click on the three dots at the top right of a post and choose the option to snooze posts from this account for 30 days. Once this time has passed and Avengers: Endgame is out, the account will return to your timeline.
- Instagram: Similarly to Facebook, Instagram does not have a mute function to hide specific word choices in posts. There is the mute option that allows users to hide certain accounts though. This can be done by clicking on the three dots at the top right of a post and choosing the mute option. This will mute the selected account until you go back and unmute them. This can be helpful if you follow any accounts that may share spoilery images from Avengers: Endgame.
How To Avoid Avengers: Endgame Spoilers In Reviews & Websites
Once people begin to see Avengers: Endgame, those who have not yet seen the film should avoid reading any posts that specifically have a spoiler warning at the top of the post or even in the headline. As tempting as it may be to see these details, there's no need to check them out before seeing the film. On a larger online scale, it is best to proceed with caution with anything Avengers: Endgame related from this point forward. What one person considers a spoiler may not be one to another person, so unknown details could surface quickly and without any warning.
It is likely for the best to avoid reviews for the film too, as there are countless examples of reviews giving away plot points that were previously a mystery.
Staying spoiler free will hopefully be an easy task if these steps are taken, but, again, the best way to avoid any new details is just to stay off the internet, Reddit, YouTube, and social media until you've seen Avengers: Endgame. Screen Rant will remain 100% spoiler-free until release, and all spoiler discussions afterwards will be clearly marked.
- The Avengers 4 / Avengers: Endgame (2019) release date: Apr 26, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) release date: Jul 02, 2019