This week saw the release of another character poster for Avengers: Age of Ultron, focusing on the titular villain and rounding out the main cast of characters being marketed by Marvel Studios. Today, Marvel wants to run through the roster one more time and have done so in the form of a one-minute trailer.
The new extended Avengers 2 spot is only the second TV commercial for the film which begins opening around the world late next month and in North America on the first weekend of May. For fans, this one actually features mostly all-new footage, including a brief appearance by Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) who's largely been absent from the trailers so far.
Age of Ultron begins with a prologue sequence where the team is already assembled and on a mission. They are essentially a proven military unit before the film begins and no time is wasted re-assembling the core six characters from Joss Whedon's first movie. Instead, this time around, they recruit a few new faces, two of which also got their own posters and are listed in the roll call in the above TV spot.
Marvel is still holding back on revealing Paul Bettany's Vision in full form, or even his own character poster (expect it to come closer to release), but the character did get a brief cameo at the end of the latest full-length Avengers 2 trailer and this new footage makes up for it in other ways...
Key moments of new and notable footage:
- Tony Stark makes a quip about funding and housing The Avengers, hence the new costumes for everyone featuring the "A" logo, new Quinjet and new headquarters.
- Captain America literally bicycle tosses an actual motorcycle at Hydra soldiers. (Chris Evans talks about that and boosting his abilities in our Avengers: Age of Ultron set interview here!)
- Hawkeye recruits "The Twins" or at least Scarlet Witch. (Renner told us on set that's part of his secret mission he's on, and why he spends a lot of screen time with newcomers Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - to see if they're "good" or "bad" and if they're worthy of being recruited into The Avengers team.)
- Captain America's Stark tech gauntlets can now recall his shield - a concept we also discussed after the first film on the Screen Rant Underground podcast.
- Thor uses Mojlnir as an Asgardian baseball bat to blast Cap's vibranium shield through Ultron sentries.
- Quicksilver's Eastern European accent is revealed - another way Marvel is differentiating from Fox's version of the character. Stay tuned for more on that in our upcoming interviews with Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
- Nick Fury is back in his trench coat uniform and commanding... who? Is this a return of S.H.I.E.L.D. or dare we say it... the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Mild Spoilers: Hulk vs. Iron Man Fight Explained
Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill and Stellan Skarsgård as Erik Selvig, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.
The Avengers: Age of Ultron releases in theaters on May 1 2015, followed by Ant-Man on July 17 2015, Captain America: Civil War on May 6 2016, Doctor Strange on November 4 2016, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5 2017, Spider-Man on July 28, 2017, Thor: Ragnarok on November 3 2017, Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 on May 4 2018, Black Panther on July 6 2018, Captain Marvel on November 2 2018, Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 on May 3 2019 and Inhumans on July 12, 2019.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!