The Superheroes of Supergirl
Sent to the planet Earth as a teenager from the doomed world of Krypton, Kara Zor-El was meant to look after her infant cousin, Kal-El. Sadly, Kara's pod became briefly trapped in the Phantom Zone and, by the time she got to Earth, Kal-El had grown up and become the hero Superman. Living an ordinary life as aspiring reporter Kara Danvers, Kara hid what she was capable of until circumstances forced her to reveal herself to stop a plane from crashing. Now, Kara works with the Department of Extranormal Operations (DEO) and her adopted sister, Alex, to protect her adopted home from alien criminals, evil metahumans and anyone else that might endanger the Earth as Supergirl. Kara's adventures, it should be noted, largely take place on the world known as Earth-38.
- Kara Danvers/Supergirl - The Girl of Steel who spends her days working as an investigative journalist at CatCo.
- Alex Danvers - Scientist and Special Agent of the DEO, who had her impressive combat skills enhanced by a special armored suit and trick guns with special ammunition. Currently Director of the DEO.
- Clark Kent/Superman - Supergirl's cousin. The first superhero on Earth-38 to operate openly.
- J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter - Disguising himself for years as DEO Director Hank Henshaw, J'onn is the last of the green Martians of Mars. Recently, he retired to pursue a path of peace and honor the wishes of his deceased father.
- James Olsen/Guardian - Tired of standing on the sidelines watching Superman and Supergirl, photographer James Olsen donned an armored suit and a special shield to protect the people of National City as The Guardian.
- Mon-El - A spoiled prince of Krypton's sister planet Daxam, Mon-El found himself redeemed by Kara's example and her love. He would eventually travel forward in time, becoming a founding member of The Legion of Super-Heroes.
- M'gann M'orzz/Miss Martian - A white Martian who rejected the war-like ways of her species, M'gann freed many green Martian captives from the death camps of her people before fleeing to Earth. She recently returned to Mars to find other peaceful white Martians like herself.
- Lyra Strayd - A refugee from the world of Starhaven, she briefly partnered with The Guardian in protecting National City.
- Imra Ardeen/Saturn Girl - A telekinetic from the moon of Titan in the 31st Century. Founding member of The Legion of Super Heroes.
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 - A techno-organic being from the planet Colu, he possess a 12th-level intellect. A native of the 31st Century and founder of the Legion of Super Heroes, he is currently staying in the 21st Century as an adviser to the DEO.
- Alura Zor-El - mother of Kara, aunt of Kal-El. Briefly fought alongside her daughter on Earth to stop Reign from transforming Earth into a new Krypton.
- Nia Nal/Dreamer - an alien from the planet Naltor, she has the power of prophetic dreams.
The Superheroes of Vixen
Aspiring fashion-designer Mari McCabe discovers far more than she bargained for when she researches the history of her birth parents and discovers a legacy of heroism. Armed with the mystic Tantu Totem, which grants her the power to replicate the abilities of any animal, Mari must contend with her treacherous sister Kuasa, who wants the power of the totem for herself, and a treasure hunter who seeks her totem and the other lost totems of Zambesi. Notable in that the whole of this series has been rendered non-canon thanks to Legends of Tomorrow season 3, which averted the incident that saw Mari move to America as a baby.
- Mari McCabe/Vixen - The latest in a long line of heroines, who used the power of the Tantu Totem (i.e. The Spirit Totem of Zambesi) to protect her people.