The Arrowverse is leading up to its biggest crossover of all time with Crisis on Infinite Earths. With Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, and Black Lightning uniting for a massive adventure, The CW will set the stage for the biggest superhero presence on the small screen yet. The end of last year’s Elseworlds crossover featured the announcement of 2019 officially being the year Crisis comes into fruition.
With the Arrowverse recruiting characters from DC veterans such as Smallville, Birds of Prey, Batman ’66 and more, the legacy of past DC media is also being honored. Based on Marv Wolfman and George Pérez’s iconic 1985 storyline, Crisis on Infinite Earths will mark the end of one chapter of Greg Berlanti’s shared universe and the start of another. Even with all the previously announced guest stars and plot points that have been revealed, more is still to be unveiled.
The crossover will be about more than just changing the status quo of the Multiverse. With Arrow’s ending playing through Crisis on Infinite Earths, it will also set up Superman and Lois as well as Green Arrow and the Canaries. After the story concludes in January 2020, viewers will be welcomed back to a new version of the Arrowverse as it moves forward into its next phase. With Crisis on Infinite Earths approaching, it’s time to look at the confirmed characters that will appear from the Arrowverse line-up.
Arrow Characters Appearing In Crisis On Infinite Earths
The ongoing eighth and final season of the Stephen Amell-led drama has been building up towards Crisis on Infinite Earths. With Oliver and his team working with the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett), the Arrowverse’s original show is using its final run of episodes to build up to The CW’s biggest crossover, exploring the Monitor's history and the threat itself. With Oliver being destined to die during the mission to save the Multiverse, the clock is ticking for the leading hero.
- Oliver Queen/Green Arrow – The Emerald Archer and one of the founders of the league of heroes who will play a pivotal part in taking on the Anti-Monitor.
- John Diggle/Spartan – Oliver’s closest ally, who has been with the archer since the start and is following his brother into their biggest fight of all time.
- Mia Smoak/Green Arrow II – The future daughter of Felicity Smoak and Oliver who, after being sent back into the past, will join her father in the battle for the Multiverse.
- Lyla Michaels/Harbinger – Diggle’s wife and the director of A.R.G.U.S. recently revealed her ties to the Monitor and is embracing her role as Harbinger.
- Dinah Drake/Black Canary – One of the Canaries, who is still an active member of Team Arrow and will join the fight without her sonic scream.
- Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog – One of the heroes to join the second generation of Team Arrow, who will be partaking in the war.
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary (Earth-1) – Despite being killed years ago, the Earth-1 version of Laurel will reemerge.
- Connor Hawke - The son of Bronze Tiger, who gets adopted by Lyla and Diggle, is one of the protectors of Star City in 2040 and is currently stuck in the past with Mia and William.
- Mar Novu/The Monitor - A powerful being that is assembling forces across the multiverse to save the coming Crisis.
The Flash Characters Appearing In Crisis On Infinite Earths
The series that began the foreshadowing of Crisis on Infinite Earths will be imperative more than ever in this year’s crossover. With Barry (Grant Gustin) having been told about his death on December 10, season 6 sees the hero preparing his team for what’s coming. As he prepares for his greatest sacrifice, Barry is guiding his friends for a world without The Flash.
- Barry Allen/The Flash –The fastest man alive, who will be part of leading the force while also being the second hero that is destined to die, specifically on December 10.
- Iris West-Allen – Wife of Barry and editor-in-chief of Central City Citizen, who has been destined to write the infamous “Flash Vanishes in Crisis” article for years.
- Cisco Ramon/Vibe – Formerly known as the hero Vibe, Cisco is a talented engineer and one of the original members of Team Flash.
- Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost – One of Team Flash’s original members, who is a bio-engineer and meta-human with the ice powers of Killer Frost.
- Harrison Nash Wells – The newest Harrison doppelganger to emerge on Earth-1, as he is on a quest to take down the Monitor.
- Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash – The evil speedster who murdered Barry’s mother and has been the Scarlet Speedster’s greatest foe since then.
- Pariah – Another Harrison Wells doppelganger, who will be a powerful player in the Multiverse story.
- Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man – The skilled P.I./superhero who Barry crowned as the official hero of Central City to take The Flash’s place after the Crisis.
Legends of Tomorrow Characters Appearing In Crisis On Infinite Earths
The time-traveling Waverider team will be returning to join their fellow heroes for their biggest challenge yet. Led by White Canary (Caity Lotz), the heroes have been protecting time and space by recently taking on the supernatural. The team will be facing a literal hell through the sixteen souls that Astra (Olivia Swann) released, as some of history's greatest sinners are getting a second go at life.
- Sara Lance/White Canary - Former member of the League of Assassins, who now helps protect the timeline as the Waverider’s leader.
- Ray Palmer/The Atom – Former businessman/philanthropist turned superhero, who is one of the original Legends to have been destined to join the Crisis through the Central City Citizen 2024 article.
- Mick Rory/Heat Wave – One of Central City’s former criminals, who turned into a time-traveling hero when the Legends were first created.
- Nate Heywood/Steel - A historian turned time-traveling superhero with the power to turn his skin into steel.
- John Constantine – A gifted exorcist/demonologist who is one of the newest members of the Legends and an ally of Oliver’s since their interaction back on Lian Yu.
- Zari Tomaz – A computer hacker from 2042 who joined the Legends with the power of her Air Totem, whose existence got rewritten after saving her brother.
- Jonah Hex – A bounty hunter who lives in the 1800s and has helped the Legends a number of times since their first adventure.
Supergirl Characters Appearing In Crisis On Infinite Earths
The Girl of Steel is one of the Arrowverse's trinity since Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist) joined her Super Friends of Earth-1 during the Invasion! crossover. Being one of the shows set on a different Earth from the others, season 5 has been exploring Kara's battle against Leviathan. But as of late, her relationship with Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath) has taken a turn for the worse as Lex's (Jon Cryer) sister revealed her true motives to her former best friend.
- Kara Zor-El/Supergirl - Pulitzer winning journalist and the last daughter of Krypton, who has helped her Earth-1 allies before and will be doing so again.
- Alex Danvers - Kara's adoptive sister who is the director of the D.E.O. and Supergirl's closest ally.
- J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter - One of the last Martians who is one of the great protectors of Earth-38.
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 - A member of the Legion of Super-Heroes who has stayed behind in the past, due to his future currently not being safe to return to.
- Nia Nal/Dreamer - Kara's colleague at CatCo Worldwide Media, who secretly protects National City as Dreamer.
- Kelly Olsen - James Olsen's little sister, who is a psychologist currently working for Obsidian North and Alex's girlfriend.
- Lena Luthor - Formerly being Kara's best friend, Lena will help Alex and J'onn find a way to save the people of Earth-38.
- Clark Kent/Superman - Kara's cousin, the Last Son of Krypton, will join his allies of Earth-38 and Earth-1 to stop the Crisis.
- Lois Lane - Daily Planet's star reporter and the fiancé of Clark/Superman, who will team-up with Iris to locate a mysterious Kryptonian.
- Lex Luthor - The Man of Steel's greatest enemy who was shot by his sister. While Lex died, his body was taken by the Monitor as he joins the army of heroes.
- Alura Zor-El - Kara's biological mother who lives on Argo City, the last surviving piece of Krypton.
Other DC Characters Appearing In Crisis On Infinite Earths
With Crisis on Infinite Earths recruiting characters from all corners of the DC TV universe, old and newer faces are lined-up to join the Arrowverse event. From the newer heroes of The CW to past DC TV shows, the crossover will explore the many corners of the Multiverse.
- Kate Kane/Batwoman - Currently Gotham City's protector, Kate will join the battle for the Multiverse while also going on a search for her famous cousin Bruce Wayne/Batman with Supergirl.
- Clark Kent/Superman (Kingdom Come) - One of the Man of Tomorrow's several doppelgangers, from another Earth where Clark is the editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet.
- Bruce Wayne/Batman (Kingdom Come) - Kate's famous cousin from another universe, where he was also the Dark Knight of Gotham.
- Clark Kent/Superman (Smallville) - Another Superman who has been operating as the world's greatest hero on his Earth since 2011.
- Lois Lane (Smallville) - A doppelganger of Lois who is married to Clark and works as one of Daily Planet's star reporters.
- Helena Kyle/Huntress - Daughter of Batman and Catwoman, Helena is one of the members of the Birds of Prey that protects New Gotham City.
- Ryan Choi - An Ivy Town University professor, who is informed about his big role in the impending Crisis.
- Barry Allen/The Flash (Earth-90) - One of the Scarlet Speedster's many doppelgangers who alarmed the heroes of Earth-1 a year ago about Mar Novu and the Crisis.
- Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning - Freeland's protector who is one of the heroes from another universe that will be enlisted by Pariah to assist in stopping the Anti-Monitor.
- Jim Corrigan - A police detective that comes in contact with the heroes of Earth-1 and is an acquaintance of Constantine.
- Anti-Monitor - A force more powerful than the Monitor that is putting the entire Multiverse in danger as he is destroying one Earth after another.
- Burt Ward - Best known as Dick Grayson/Robin from Batman '66, the actor is set to appear in a cameo spot.
The crossover begins on Sunday, December 8 on Supergirl, followed by the second chapter on Monday, December 9 on Batwoman. The first half concludes on Tuesday, December 10 with The Flash before returning for the two-hour finale of Crisis on Infinite Earths on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow respectively.