Arrested Development season 4 is a little less than a month away from its release, so fans can probably expect to see quite a bit more in the way of official media releases - photos, posters, trailers, and the like - in the next 32 days.
And, speak of the devil, Netflix has just unleashed a torrent of new character posters, stills, behind the scenes photos, and more to ramp up the season 4 publicity fervor. Plus, find out what creator Mitch Hurwitz, Will Arnett (GOB Bluth), and Jason Batemen (Michael Bluth) had to say about the new season storyline and format.
CLICK FOR FULL-SIZED IMAGES
[gallery link="post" ids="303425,303418,303420,303419,303423,303416,303422,303426,303424,303412,303413,303414,303421,303415,303417"]
The character posters showcase all the main Arrested Development characters and a corresponding quote that seemingly references something unique about each character (be it a running joke or a personality trait).
Allow us to break them down for you:
- Michael Bluth is always trying to keep the family together.
- George Michael (Michael Cera) is reserved, shy, doesn't want to be an inconvenience.
- GOB is very adamant that magicians perform illusions, not tricks.
- In prison, George Bluth (Jeffrey Tambor) was constantly plagued by the "no touching" rule in the meeting area.
- Lucille (Jessica Walter) was once a patron at a chain diner where she was asked, and I quote, "Plate or platter?" (She didn't understand the question, and she refused to respond to it.)
- Buster (Tony Hale) likes to say, "Hey, brother" to his brothers.
- Lindsay (Portia de Rossi) typically attempts to use her sexuality to her advantage, though never successfully.
- Tobias Fünke (David Cross) is a total blowhard.
- And Maeby (Alia Shawkat)...well, I don't know. She's feisty, I guess?
As for the still photos - they're all great, but the one with GOB, Lindsay, and Tobias on the couch pretty much singlehandedly assuaged any fears I had (which, to be honest, were few and far between) that the principal actors couldn't convincingly get back into the swing of these characters. Will Arnett's body language and facial expression are quintessentially GOB. The same goes for David Cross and, to a lesser extent, Portia de Rossi.
Oh, and did you notice that Tobias is wearing Lindsay's Shémale shirt in the photo?