Well, we survived the Super Bowl and the travesty of a 3D commercial and now we, what? Wait for the 2009 football season to start back up? Well, so be it. In the mean time, let’s check out what happened during the last week.
This week, we chat a little about the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, NBC’s Chuck, some wedding news about Fringe, upcoming episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Prison Break’s final episodes, Nip/Tuck going away, Supernatural feuds, and some sad or stupid news about Kyle XY, Reaper and the Digital TV transition delay.
Let’s get to it gang!
1) If you are a David Letterman fan, he’ll be unveiling the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover and the identity of the cover model! So keep your eyes opened on February 9th. I’m hoping it’s Marissa Miller! Source: CBS Entertainment
2) Believe it or not, last Monday night’s Chuck, shown in 3D, scored its highest ratings of the season with just over 8 million viewers… Viewership was up 24%. If for some reason you want that 1D headache using those 3D “glasses” you got for the Super Bowl, you can catch the 3D version of Chuck on NBC.com. Source: NBCUni
3) Fringe Wedding News: On Fringe, FBI Special Agents Olivia Dunham and John Scott were seeing each other behind the scenes. This is where real life mimics TV, or something like that. The actors that play those two parts, Anna Torv and Mark Valley, were married in December. Congratulations to the new happy couple. I wonder when a little Fringe-baby will be on the way? Source: Yahoo.com
4) Speaking of Fringe: With the season underway, it looks like we’ll be learning more about something called “the Pattern,” and there will be an amazing revelation of Olivia Dunham’s past. It’s been said that she’s not what she seems. We’ll even become privy to Peter’s background. Additionally, we’ll also be seeing some form of closure for Mr. Jones… if you remember him. Source: SciFi Wire
5) Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles will have an episode that is a preview of the upcoming new season. An injured Sarah is guided by the image of John’s father, Kyle Reese, while Weaver’s move to protect John Henry results in deadly consequences in “The Good Wound,” airing Friday, Feb. 13 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX (SCC-214) (TV-14 V). Source: FOX
6) For any of our readers who are Aaron Douglas fans, (Chief Tyrol on Battlestar Galactica), he’ll be at the New York Comic-Con, BUT don’t be fooled by the website schedule. Aaron says it’s not correct and he has confirmed his own Con schedule:
- Signing: Fri. 12noon – 1pm (Table 1 with Yuri Lowenthal)
- Signing: Fri. 2pm – 4pm (Fan Expo Canada Booth)
- Guest Panel: Fri. 6pm – 7pm (Emissary Guest Panel in room 1A08)
- Signing: Sat. 12 noon – 4pm (Fan Expo Canada Booth)
Source: The Chief’s Deck
8) If you were watching the Super Bowl in Tuscon Arizona on your Comcast cable service, you got a wee bit more than you bargained for! With less than 3 minutes to go, right after the big Arizona touchdown, poof: 30 seconds of the Club Jenna channel (for those of you who don’t subscribe to it, that’s a porn channel boys and girls), then back to the recap of the touchdown. Zoinks. The FCC is looking into it and Comcast said this might have been a malicious intrusion by neighboring Cox Cable. Double zoinks!! I wonder if anyone grabbed for their 3D glasses then? Source: E Online
9) For the unknowing Nip/Tuck fan, you do know this is their sixth and final season, right? That is all.
10) Just in case you were wondering when the supposed brotherly feud was going to erupt, it will be in the last three episodes of Supernatural where Sam and Dean don’t see eye to eye, or more bluntly put, Sam vs. Dean. Ug. I’m not looking forward to that one. I can’t imagine them being totally at each others throats. Can you? Source: EW.com
11) For you Kyle XY fans, you may want to pull out your crying towels. ABC Family is letting the show go in place of three new shows they’ve ordered to take its place. 10 Things I Hate About You, based on the feature film of the same name. Perfect 10, a drama set in the world of competitive gymnastics & Ruby and the Rockits, a comedy about a former teen idol whose own family life is turned upside-down when his brother/ex-bandmate shows with his daughter. Oh please, hold me back. Source: TV Guide
12) We know Reaper is coming back to The CW. But the new info is that it’s coming back sooner than planned. As of right now, it’s slated to return to the airwaves on March 3rd and slated to run its entire 13 episode run. Mark your calendars! Unfortunately, it sounds like the goat being led to the bait stake in Jurassic Park! They’re putting Reaper in at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and sliding 90210 back to 9 p.m. to protect it from the competing American Idol show on FOX. It’s always the interesting shows that get screwed. Source: THR
14) The Digital TV transition is going to be delayed. The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to push the transition date back to June 12th. Basically, the “coupon program” ran out of money. Maybe some of the stimulas package money can go for this… it’s going for everything else. Welcome to the bright, shiny new America – the only government that will pay you to watch TV. Source: TV Guide