Time is a strange thing. You wait and wait for something and suddenly it’s in the past. So it is with Indy 4 or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I’ve seen it, and I’m happy. Was it as good as the others? Nope.
I never thought that it would be, but it was an enjoyable action-romp that helped me grin for two hours solid. Harrison Ford rocks, that said there was a bit too much CGI, and Tarzan LaBeouf – we wont even talk about!
Anyway, it’s Weekend Movie News Wrap Up time, so we can now find some other films to jot down in our diaries.
Note – there is NO Tom Cruise related news this week. Instead we cover:
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li, Dirty Harry, Richard Dreyfuss in W, a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost re-teaming and we look at how Indiana Jones is doing at the box office.
1. We get our first look at Chun Li from Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li. The film stars Smallville’s Kristin Kruek as the titular heroine. The film co-stars: Michael Clarke Duncan, Chris Klein and Moon Bloodgood. There will be no Jean-Claude Van Damme cameo – just before you ask.
Is there an audience for this? If so let me know.
2. We won’t be getting another Dirty Harry, at least not with Clint Eastwood.
When asked about another Magnum Opus at the Cannes film festival Clint said:
“I don’t think the San Francisco Police Department would have a 77-year-old man on the police force. It would be highly unrealistic. People have asked me over the years ‘would you like to revisit Dirty Harry?’ But everything would depend on a script. But, really, no. There’s a time to leave things alone.”
I’m going to say – five years at the most before a Dirty Harry remake.
3. Richard Dreyfuss will play Dick Cheney in Oliver Stone’s George W. Bush biopic; W.
Dreyfuss will join James Brolin and Thandie Newton in the film, that I’m sure will be a flattering and balanced account of the controversial Presidents life.
I love Stone and I love Dreyfuss, this should be a film to watch out for come awards season. Maybe.
4. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost look set to re-team for Paul. Not much is known about the project, however when probed Pegg stated:
“I just finished a script with my writing partner Nick Frost and that is called Paul and we’re going to shoot it later this year or early next year. It’s a road movie set in America about two British comic book geeks that get into an adventure across America. Write what you know as they say.”
I love Shaun of the Dead, so I’m always intrigued as to what Pegg and Frost get up to. No director is attached, but Pegg says that it will be “someone really cool”.
More as we know it.
5. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull looks set to recoup its production budget over the films first five days on release. On Thursday the film grossed $25 million, it made a further $31 million on Friday, an estimated $36 million on Saturday and analysts predict that the Harrison Ford film could bank another $58 million on Sunday and Monday.
While the film isn’t breaking any records, it must surely have the highest opening weekend gross, where the lead actor is over 60 years old. Stick that on your poster!
I’m sure that we may even find out if Indiana Jones five is still on the agenda!
Source: Deadline Hollywood
That’s it for another week, see you at the movies!
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!