Director Michael Bay’s fourth go-round with the Autobots and Decepticons, this summer’s Transformers: Age of Extinction promises to kick off a whole new trilogy with a fresh cast, including Mark Wahlberg, Kelsey Grammar, Stanley Tucci and Nicola Peltz.
Given their toy-line origins, fans have been eagerly awaiting a look at the designs for Age of Extinction‘s toy tie-ins, and now we have them. USA Today has provided some studio pictures of the set, but Screen Rant’s own Editor-In-Chief Kofi Outlaw was at the 2014 New York Toy Fair and brings us some up-close-and-personal looks, as well.
Check out the gallery below:
As for the further character details, here’s what was revealed at the Toy Fair:
- There will be multiple Dinobots featured, including Slug, Scorn and Grimlock, and their robot forms will be included.
- Galvatron has been confirmed, and will be the other big truck, an Argosy who was thought to be Ultra Magnus or Nemesis Prime.
- Galvatron was indeed the robot with the arc reactor-style chest seen in the Age of Extinction Super Bowl trailer and will go grill-to-grill against Optimus Prime.
- Hasbro will release a line of transforming Transformers, which will be “one step/flip changers,” including a 22-inch Grimlock figure.
- We also have looks at the samurai-style Autobot Drift, Decepticon bounty hunter Lockdown, the Autobot warrior Crosshairs and Autobot Hound.
- The Toy Fair also premiered a new trailer for the video game Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.
These toys look pretty sweet and will likely whet fans’ appetites until the film’s release. The inclusion of so many new Cybertronian characters reinforces the potential for a new trilogy of films, which is supposed to “redesign” the whole franchise.
We’ve previously broken down that exciting Age of Extinction Super Bowl trailer, and one of its major questions was just how Optimus Prime came to be riding Grimlock in his dino form. These toys confirm the robot forms of the Dinobots – will Grimlock be significantly larger in scale? We’re bound to see more footage and character designs in the months to come, so stay tuned.
What do you think of the Transformers: Age of Extinction toy designs? Let us know in the comments!
Transformers: Age of Extinction hits theaters June 27, 2014
Source: USA Today