- Scavenger: Red O&K/Terex RH400 Hydrolic Mining Excavator (torso)
- Scrapper: Yellow Caterpillar D9L Bulldozer (left leg)
- Hightower: yellow Kobelco CK2500 Truss Crane (left arm)
- Longhaul: Green Caterpillar 773B Dump Truck (right leg)
- Rampage: Yellow Caterpillar 992G Front Loader (right arm)
- Overload: Komatsu HD465-7 Articulated Dump Truck (possible lower torso)
- Mixmaster: Silver Mack Cement Mixer (head)
Check out pictures of the Constructicons to see the components that make up Devastator and click on the names of the transformers units that are linked to see articles focusing on them. You’ll notice that Scavenger and Demolishor are almost the same vehicles but only Scavenger plays a part in Devastator’s formation. My guess it that Demolishor won’t live through the entire movie so there won’t be any confusion between the two.
According to director Michael Bay:
“We have big guys, some little guys. We have a lot of littler ones, too. Little weirder ones,” Bay says. Like the Insecticons, which were giant bugs in the original series and Hasbro toy line, but are now tiny creepy-crawly infiltrators.
This helps explains the number 60 for the amount of Transformers characters in the sequel that was thrown out by the visual effects supervisors in our report discussing the insane special effects in Transformers 2.
Did this list help you out at all and are you excited to see all of these characters on screen this summer?
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens June 24, 2009.