Here are two amazing new figures from Hot Toys featuring everyone’s favorite God of Thunder and his big green “friend from work.” Anticipation for upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe entry Thor: Ragnarok is incredibly high right now and the movie was one of most talked about releases at this year’s San Diego Comic Con. The most recent trailer was incredibly well received by fans and there’s certainly a feeling that the third entry of the Thor series could be the best – and funniest – yet.
Of course, with a huge new movie release comes huge new merchandise and renowned collectibles company Hot Toys have you covered when it comes to Thor: Ragnarok figures. Hot Toys are widely respected in the world of collectible figures and have a strong history of producing incredibly like-like and detailed recreations of characters from comic book movies, such as the recent Deadshot figure from Suicide Squad.
The Roadworn Thor and Gladiator Hulk sixth scale figures come as part of the Movie Masterpieces series and measure in at approximately 32cm and 42cm respectively. Thor has over 30 points of articulation and retails for $243, while Hulk has 20 points, comes with a newly developed head sculpt and will cost $355. Neither figure is available just yet, with Thor estimated to go on sale later this year and Hulk in mid 2018, but both can be pre-ordered right now. The figures come with the following accessories:
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of open hands
– One (1) pair for holding Mjolnir
- One (1) burgundy-colored cape
- One (1) black-colored upper body armor
- One (1) cross-body leather-like brown-colored belt
- One (1) pair of metal-colored forearm armor with leather-like strap
- One (1) pair of black pants with striped design on sides and black-colored knee-pad
- One (1) pair of black-colored boots with leather-like strap
- One (1) metal Mjolnir with patterned handle and leather-like strap
- One (1) blue-colored LED light-up Mjolnir with patterned handle and leather-like strap (battery operated)
- One (1) interchangeable hair piece
- One (1) interchangeable gladiator helmet
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of forceful fists
– One (1) pair of hands with wire insulation
– One (1) pair of hands for holding war hammer and battle axe
- One (1) metallic blue and brown-colored upper and lower body Gladiator armor with weathering effects
- One (1) gladiator helmet with red and black-colored real fur
- One (1) pair of brown-colored sandals with leather-like straps
- One (1) war hammer with grip handle
- One (1) battling axe with grip handle
As you would expect, both figures are incredibly detailed and lifelike representations of their movie counterparts. Furthermore, some of the accessories available are bound to have Marvel fans giddy with excitement, especially Thor’s light-up Mjolnir.
The Thor movies have often been considered by some to be the black sheep of the MCU, with neither the original film nor The Dark World really striking a chord with audiences, despite the popularity of the lead characters.
However, the feeling within the fandom seems to be that Thor: Ragnarok will be the movie to change all that. With the addition of The Hulk, elements taken from the Planet Hulk comic story and a more humorous and looser feel aided by on-set improvisation, every indication seems to suggest that Thor‘s third outing will be right up there with Marvel’s best.
Source: Hot Toys (via Sideshow)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!