The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is more than just an attraction and it is unlike any theme park experience ever created. It’s a revolutionary, 360-degree theme park experience and the first-ever combination of live-action, advanced robotic technology and innovative filmmaking – specially designed and developed for this brand-new adventure.
Said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative:
“We have created an entirely new way to place our guests into the heart of one of the most compelling stories of our time…What we have done will forever change the theme park attraction experience.”
The attraction’s newly created ride system envelops guests in filmed action scenes and moves those scenes with them as they travel through the ride, allowing more time in the center of the adventure and with their favorite characters.
This fusion of robotic technology and filmed scenes has never been cohesively achieved until now. In some cases, technology had to be invented to offer the highest level of guest experience. The combination of pioneering, state-of-the-art technology, innovative film making and surprises around every corner make this attraction the embodiment of the Harry Potter book and film series — and the future of theme park entertainment.
“Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” Quick Facts
- Storyline: As you venture through Hogwarts, you meet Harry, Ron and Hermione, who convince you to skip a planned lecture and follow them. Upon taking their advice you travel by Floo powder, and begin your adventure as you soar over Hogwarts, narrowly escape a dragon attack, have a close encounter with the Whomping Willow, get pulled into a Quidditch match and more.
- First-ever combination of advanced robotic ride system technology with innovative, immersive filmmaking.
- Award-winning composer John Williams oversaw the creation of the attraction’s score.
- The queue includes the following Harry Potter book and film elements: Headmaster Dumbledore’s office, Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, Gryffindor common room, Room of Requirement, and the greenhouse; talking portraits including the Fat Lady and the never-before-seen four founders: Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw; the Sorting Hat, the One-Eyed Witch statue and the Mirror of Erised.
- Duration of ride: The full attraction experience, including the queue, takes about an hour.
- Number of scenes in the attraction: 12
- Characters (featuring Harry Potter film talent): Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid and Draco Malfoy (You may also catch a glimpse of Fred and George Weasley, Ginny Weasley and Neville Longbottom).
Well, there you have it Harry Potter fans. I would suggest you break out your favorite wand (if you don’t have one, then go check out your favorite wand) and make your reservations because the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter officially opens on June 18th, 2010, at Universal Studios Orlando.
I think they need to open a hotel themed around staying at the Hogwarts Castle. What do you think? Bought your tickets and made your travel arrangements yet?
Follow me on Twitter @Walwus