Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens is nearing the point where the veil of mystery HAS to drop, and more details about this new opening chapter in a Star Wars shared universe have to be brought front and center to entice audiences into the theater.
Hardcore fans have long been expecting that Star Wars 7 trailer #2 would be dropping soon; Disney has another big movie opening soon (Avengers 2), and there’s already heavy likelihood that it will be the perfect venue to debut the second Star Wars trailer.
As stated, this trailer has been expected for some time – and there was even a rumored breakdown of the footage that we would see in it. Today however, Making Star Wars (a source that has broken a lot of Episode VII news) has the supposed official report of what all the trailer entails, based on the report of a source who supposedly viewed it.
WARNING – Possible Star Wars 7 Trailer #2 SPOILERS follow!
[NOTE: Names appear as the Making Star Wars source reported them – misspellings and all…]
- The teaser runs at about a one minute and fifty seconds, just under two minutes.
- Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio
- We do see Yavin in the teaser.
- We see a shot of Finn with a blue lightsaber.
- There is a shot of Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), the chrome Stormtrooper, very briefly.
- We do see Kylo Ren’s helmeted face.
- We see Poe Dameron shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at the base.
- Rey is in a few shots.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, Artoo-Detoo, See-Threepio, and a CGI character (Rose).
- BB-8 socketed in the back of an X-wing.
- Kylo Ren’s Imperial shuttle flys by with TIE escorts to the Star Destroyer (it is the one MakingStarWars.net wrote about)
- Star Destroyer(s)
- The Falcon
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader’s helmet sitting on a podium.
- no Serkis.
- No Luke.
That is VASTLY different trailer than the one teased by El Mayimbe of L-R, which you can read below:
- The trailer opens with an image of a desert planet. A destroyed AT-AT is shown laying on its side.
- As footage of a forest location (believed to be Puzzlewood, where some filming took place) with a large structure is shown, voice over (thought to be Lupita Nyong’o) says “I shall show you the story…”
- The trailer cuts to a shot of a large city in a tropical location. The city is possibly on the water. The voiceover continues “of who you seek…”
- As a cloaked figure (Luke?) stands on top of stone steps on a high green hill, the VO continues, “the one who taught me…”
- As the VO concludes with, “I know why the weapon came to you,” we are shown a shot of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and a blue alien in a dark cave. Finn ignites a green-bladed lightsaber. Rey looks on in the background, disturbed.
- As the trailer moves to a series of quick shots, we see Han Solo looking past the camera.
- A TIE Fighter is seen attacking the forest location from earlier in the trailer.
- A POV shot of Kylo Ren (the cross guard lightsaber-wielding villain from the teaser) shows the evildoer approaching someone on the ground.
- People run in the city shown earlier.
- R2-D2 makes a forlorn beep.
- C-3PO and Leia are featured in a location resembling a base command center.
- A new voice over (thought to be Andy Serkis) says, “Don’t get too sentimental.” This plays over a shot of Han looking at Leia and then walking towards the Millennium Falcon with Chewbacca.
- In the snowy forest from the teaser, we see a shot of Finn holding the lightsaber, protecting Rey. Han says, “You can do this kid. I believe in you.”
- The final shot is a closeup of a hooded figure looking up. It is Luke.
Obviously right now there is no way to tell what the official “right answer” is to this mystery; either Mayimbe was right, or Making Star Wars was – or neither, and trailer #2 will in fact be something entirely different and not yet described. It could also be just as true that since there are multiple versions of trailers (besides 1, 2, 3, there’s international, TV spots, sponsored spots, etc…) so BOTH of the leaked trailer versions could turn out to be true.
In any event, we should be able to see for ourselves in just a few weeks, when we expect that Star Wars 7 trailer 2 will debut alongside Avengers 2.
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens will be in theaters on December 18, 2015.
Source: Making Star Wars
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!