Almost two months ago (waaaay back in 2009), Screen Rant Editor Kofi Outlaw found a great fan made trailer mash-up on YouTube which took scenes from J.J. Abrahams’ latest Star Trek and set them to the TV theme from The A-Team. It was a great idea but the source material the creator had to choose from was limited to just over 2 hours. He did a great job with what was available to him but wouldn’t it have been better if someone would have taken the same idea but used footage from Star Trek: The Original Series?
Well, YouTube user huckbone, has done just that (with great technical expertise I might add) by grabbing some classic footage of all of your favorite sci-fi stars and turning them into some of our favorite 80’s action TV stars.
I’ve watched the video below several times and I’ve made a few observations:
- I’d forgotten how much I actually enjoyed Star Trek:TOS
- The “Trouble with Tribbles” episode remains one of my favorite
- The part of the theme where the over-driven guitar riff starts may be the funniest moment in the video (00:51)
- Sulu was really an understated comedic relief in the show, and Abrahams did a good job of bringing that to his reboot
- Spock dressed as a gangster should be used in Star Trek 2
- Scotty really DOES have a drinking problem
That’s all I could think of but why don’t you watch the video and then let us know what other thoughts come to your mind? Enjoy:
Good job huckbone! I had a great time watching this and if you haven’t had a chance to watch the newest “official” trailer for the upcoming release of The A-Team movie, then head over HERE now and watch that too. I hope both movies – The A-Team and Star Trek 2 (which recently got a release date) – turn out to be fun and enjoyable. I’d cross my fingers but I’m not superstitious *rubs rabbit foot and steps over crack*.
Until next time keep your phasers on stun!
Source: huckbone on YouTube