[Update: The final episode of CW's Superman series has officially aired - check out our Smallville finale review and join in the discussion.]
With only 3 weeks left until the two-hour Smallville series finale, fans have been wondering what they can look forward to when the episode finally airs.
While news of Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider and many other familiar faces returning probably won’t surprise the dedicated Smallville fans, there is still a wealth of spoilers out there.
Contained below will be information on the future of Lois & Clark, what roles Chloe and Oliver will play in it and who will be attending a certain special event. On top of that, there’s also news about Lex Luthor’s return, Lionel’s recent escapades and the eventual meeting of two great tyrants.
Even though the title of this article already states that SPOILERS are contained within, I would like to reiterate the fact that there are many Smallville series finale spoilers below. If you’re trying to go into the series finale knowing absolutely nothing about what’s going to happen, I urge you to stop reading now!
For everyone else, enjoy! (we will update this post as more spoilers become available):
MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!
Characters slated to appear*
- Clark Kent (Tom Welling)
- Jonathan Kent (John Schneider)
- Martha Kent (Annette O’Toole)
- Lois Lane (Erica Durance)
- Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum)
- Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman)
- Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley)
- Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack)
*expect to see many more during Lois & Clark’s wedding
What you can expect
- Lois & Clark’s wedding will be in part 1 of the Smallville series finale, but don’t expect it to be quick. Smallville executive producer Kelly Souders says, “It’s a very, very long walk down that aisle. There are some good moments, some heart-wrenching moments and some surprising moments at their wedding.”
- Oliver Queen and Chloe Sullivan will serve as Best Man and Matron of Honor, respectively.
- Chloe will be in both parts of the two-hour Smallville series finale. Allison Mack says that Chloe’s story “ends in a very healthy and levelheaded way.”
- Both Martha Kent and Jonathan Kent will be in attendance at Lois & Clark’s wedding.
- Regarding whether or not Lois and Clark will actually get married, Souders says, “I think fans will be pleased with how things turn out, but it’s never what you expect.” Tom Welling explains, “I think that what you’ll see is that Clark is destined to be alone. It’s the hero’s burden. You’ll see in the finale that of course, there is a future between Clark and Lois in the world of Superman. It’s how they get there that I think will be very entertaining.”
- Chloe’s married life with Oliver will be touched upon.
- For the first time, Lex Luthor and Tess Mercer will come face-to-face and share scenes together. Cassidy Freeman says that “their scene is epic. But I think even if we were just having tea and crumpets it would be epic, because we have never met before.”
- Lionel Luther and Lex Luthor will both be in the Smallville series finale, but will not share any scenes together.
- Lex Luthor will return with a gloved hand (something that was foreshadowed in the Smallville season 1 episode “Hourglass.”)
- Regarding the final scene of the Smallville series finale, Tom Welling says, “The final image of what you’ll see at the end of ‘Smallville’… makes me so proud and makes the hair on my arms stand up. It’s something that people have wanted to see for a long time and it’ll fulfill what they’ve been waiting for.”
“The scene between Clark and Lex [in the finale] is one of my
favorites, for sure.” – Tom Welling
Lex Is Back!
Smallville Series Finale Trailer
Smallville Series Finale Teaser #1
Smallville Series Finale Teaser #2
Smallville Series Finale Teaser #3
The two-hour Smallville series finale airs May 13 @8pm on The CW
Follow me on Twitter @anthonyocasio