You asked for it and we’ve (finally) answered, Screen Rant is officially re-launching our weekly podcast. We’re calling it Screen Rant Underground, and you can find our first episode right here.
Back in the day when it was just site owner Vic Holtreman covering the news he made an attempt at a weekly podcast, but that was 5 years ago and short-lived – now that the site has grown exponentially in size and staff we thought it was time to start a shiny, brand new one.
Join host Ben Kendrick as well as fellow SR editors Rob Keyes, Anthony Ocasio, and Kofi Outlaw as we discuss a one of two recent horror film remakes: Craig Gillespie’s Fright Night. This podcast was actually recorded a week ago but we held off going live with it as we worked out the bugs. We will have a brand new one for you tomorrow covering this weekend’s box office along with the latest TV and movie news.
- News: A discussion of the week’s top news items that have been hot on the Screen Rant home page.
- Rants and Raves: A chance for us to talk about the various movies and television programs we’ve seen in the preceding week.
- Feature Discussion: An analytical look at a different high-profile film or television series each week. In some cases, the feature discussion will be similar to a round-table review, while other times we may choose to discuss an overarching topic (such as the evolution of super-hero movies) by focusing on a recently released film or TV series.
Screen Rant Underground is available in the iTunes Music Store but if you’re not near your home computer, check out our first episode in the player below.
As mentioned, this is just a sneak peek at what we’ve got planned – and it’s our first one, so be gentle as we get this thing off the ground.
Also, Screen Rant Underground is an EXPLICIT podcast – we don’t go out of our way to say controversial things but use discretion when playing the podcast at work or around young, or sensitive, ears.
Screen Rant Underground: Episode 1 – Fright Night
In this inaugural episode of the Screen Rant Underground we review and discuss Craig Gillespie’s’ ‘Fright Night’ starring Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, and David Tennant – a remake of the Tom Holland cult-classic.
- [0:00] News: ‘The Avengers’ Set-Photos, ‘Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance’ Trailer
- [36:47] Rants and Raves: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, Attack The Block
- [48:51] Review: Fright Night (and a mini Conan the Barbarian discussion)
Hosts: Ben Kendrick, Rob Keyes, Anthony Ocasio, and Kofi Outlaw
Our second episode – which features a review of Troy Nixey’s Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, starring Katie Holmes, Guy Pearce, and Bailee Madison will be posted tomorrow – so make sure to check back in 24 hours. [Update: Here’s the link to Episode 2]
From here on out we’ll be releasing one episode a week and while myself, Rob Keyes, Anthony Ocasio, and Kofi Outlaw will be standard fare on the podcast, we’ve already lined-up a fun set of guests for future episodes.
If you don’t use iTunes you can still say up to date with new releases by bookmarking the Underground RSS feed – or keep an eye on the site for future Underground episode posts.
Music by Omarie Williams