One of the best things about going to the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con is… the parties! And now you, dear reader have a chance to attend this years biggest party even at Comic-Con 2008: THE WRATH OF CON!!!
Yeah, so it’s a party, big deal, you say? Well here’s just a partial list of who will be attending:
- Jason Statham (Death Race, Crank, Snatch)
- Rhona Mitra (Doomsday)
- David Goyer (writer of The Dark Knight)
- Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, Rocky Balboa, Pathology)
- Derek Mears (Friday the 13th)
- Bill Nighy (Pirates of the Caribbean, Hot Fuzz)
- John Cho (Star Trek, Harold & Kumar)
- Simon Pegg (Star Trek, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz)
- Sophie Monk (The Hills Run Red)
- Efren Ramirez (Napoleon Dynamite)
- Neil Patrick Harris (Harold and Kumar)
- Lena Headey (300, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)
- Thomas Dekker (Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes)
- Jamie King (The Spirit, Sin City)
- Kyle Newman (director of Fanboys)
- Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor (directors of The Game, Crank, Crank 2)
- Corey Haim (Lost Boys: The Tribe), Corey Feldman (Lost Boys: The Tribe)
- Bai Ling (Crank 2)
- Edgar Wright (Director of Hot Fuzz & Shaun of the Dead)
- Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar)
In addition of you’re addicted to movie news sites, also in attendance will be Robert Sanchez (IESB); Garth Franklin (Dark Horizons); Mike Sampson (Joblo); Erik Davis (Cinematical); John Campea (The Movie Blog); Brad Miska (Bloody Disgusting); “Quint” (AICN); Devin Faraci (CHUD); Paulington J. Christensen III (Movieweb); Kellvin Chavez (Latino Review); Peter Sciretta (/Film); Alex Billington (First Showing); Neil Miller (Film School Rejects) and a bunch of other well known movie site folks.
And most importantly – I’ll be there along with our very own Bruce Simmons representing Screen Rant. :-)
So if you’re attending the Con, you’re no doubt frothing at the mouth wondering “How the hell do I get in to this amazing party?”
All you have to do is attend the Masters of the Web panel on Thursday, July 24th at 10am in Room 32AB where they’ll be giving away a bunch of invitations to get into the party. That’s all there is to it.
10 passes will be given away, each invitation good for 2 people.
What is Masters of the Web? For the second year in a row the biggest genre and movie websites are coming together to discuss how new media have affected movie making, what it takes to run a popular site, and much more in a panel discussion and Q&A session. Most of the web-dudes listed above are on the panel and it will be moderated by directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.
And no, I’m not on the panel but I will be attending.
So if you’re going to the Con this year, I highly recommend you check out the Masters of the Web panel and hopefully I’ll see you at the Hard Rock on Saturday night!
Apologies to my pal John C. from The Movie Blog for scarfing a large part of his post, but he did such a nice job with it and we’re all here to get the word out. :-)