As usual – talk about whatever you like as long as it’s related to movies, TV or Screen Rant itself – just remember to play nice.
The Walking Deeeeeaaaaad….mid season premiere.
There’s an article on SR where people are already discussing it, I think.
I haven’t started with season 3 yet so please no spoilers!
Just saw the trailer for the new Rob Zombie film ‘Lords of Salem’ – while Sherrie Moon Zombie is hot as hell does any else just see his movies as a big homemade porno/ extended music video for both of them to get off on?!
She’s in every one of his movies and the whole plot just ends up centred around her getting her kit off! Even Michael Myers played second fiddle to her in his own movie!
Picking up “Skyfall” tomorrow, really excited to add it to my Bond 50 box set
I’m picking it up as well. The wifey and I have a nice V day plan revolving around watching this.
This weekend I watched the Star Wars prequel trilogy again. It’s still pretty terrible, but I don’t get why some fans say those 3 movies should never have been made. There are definitely some good moments that are well worth seeing.
I also caught up on Star Wars The Clone Wars. I was actually going to stop watching after having seen two of the “D-Squad” episodes, but a friend of mine told me that the arc followed by that mess was actually pretty incredible. I took his advise and wasn’t disappointed. It was so epic! Great story, great fights and it was terrific seeing the darker tone back in the series (as well as Darth Maul).
I’ll never understand how one show can be so unbalanced though. They do a terrible four/five part story about a group droids who go on a “secret mission” (featuring terrible voice acting, a weak story and annoyingly, sarcastic sounding characters that no one cares about… except R2…he’s awesome), and then they follow it up with one of the coolest Clone Wars story arcs I’ve ever seen! It’s so hit-n-miss it’s crazy.
…anyway. I also watched ‘This Means War’ which was okay. Pine and Hardy had a great bro-mance and carried the movie. I was expecting a more likable performance from Reese Witherspoon and her BFF/sister/whatever in the movie was a terribly annoying cliche. Still a nice flick though. They definitely made sure there’s enough stuff for the guys and the girls to enjoy.
Oh, and Stephen Fry is still as awesome as ever #BAFTA
The only part of that film i enjoyed is the paintball scene.
@ The Avenger
What is about the Star Wars prequels you find terrible? Or most people? Just curious.
I for one find the script to be horid, along with poor acting from hayden christianson and the usually fantastic natalie portman. The script is just so bad that nobody can work with it. It aims to be fun films and it never was to me
I concur with your Natalie Portman statement. It amazes me how this girl can be such a great actor in so many flicks and then just a paycheck actor in others like Thor and Star Wars.
While I thought she was ok in Thor, I agree with you about her performance in Star Wars. Whenever she had some lines, she looked like a high school chick in a school play.
@WallyWest: I agree with Trey completely.
But couldn’t that be any actor or actress? Take Christian Bale’s performance as Batman, people enjoyed it but thought he sucked in the role of John Connor in Terminator Salvation which in relation to Kyle’s comment seemed like paycheck role.
Its true even the best of actors/actresses fall into bad scripts or just performances they cant overcome. Not all actors can rise above thr film.
In many cases it is the actor’s fault, but imo it’s pretty easy to see where the faults lie when it comes to the SW prequel trilogy: bad directing, bad script… and then there’s all the unnecessary comedy that they tried to stuff down our throats (prime example: Jar Jar)
I enjoyed Bale´s John Connor much more than his Batman.
Oh, the prequel trilogy should have been made, no questions asked. I just think it should have been made by someone else, not George Lucas. Let’s face it: he’s not the best of directors out there.
Agreed.. Honestly I’m a 90′s kid and the prequels are what Got me INTO Star Wars in the first place.. After I saw episode one I was so interested that I went and watched a new hope through return and the story was no doubt better but come on guys the action and light saber duels were WAY better in the prequels than in the original trilogy don’t let nostalgia cloud your judgement
I’m also a 90′s kid (’95 to be exact), and if it weren’t for the prequels, I would never have gotten into Star Wars either, but imo, the prequel trilogy is still terrible in comparison to the originals.
The lightsaber duels in the prequels were awesome (partly due to the larger production budget they had), but I dunno, I still prefer Empire’s iconic battle between Vader and Luke.
@The Avenger – I was going to revisit the prequel movies this weekend as well and introduce Star Wars to my daughter. I would have started with the originals, but I only have those on VHS and my VCR is back in 1998. So, I decided to watch the prequels. Only to find out that they were missing…I don’t think I sold them, but I started to doubt myself. I might have sold them, but I’m thinking that one of my friends borrowed them and never returned them…and I didn’t care until last weekend. So, now I’m trying to decide if I should buy them again. I already need to buy the originals or a VCR…so with them fresh in your mind, should I spend the money on the prequels?
They are part of the canon, right? I don’t care much for the prequels myself, but when I have my child I’ll want him/her to be able experience Star Wars as I did when I was young. Who knows, maybe your daughter will like the prequels more? After all, we are culturally unable to think of the original SW trilogy in other terms than cult, while the prequels are modern and flashy and the youngest generations might not mind them at all. If I were you, I’d just go and get all of them. I know I won’t be watching them any time soon, but at least I’d have the means once the younglings get to be old enough to watch them.
HeresmMy idea for Justice League
1. asteroid with Starro crashes into the ocean and starts multiplying.
2. we are introduced to atlantis and aquaman(as king).
3. we are introduce themyscara and wonder woman(without armor)
3. starro spreads and begins to take over atlantis, alarm is sound and aquaman wages war against the creature and the united atlantis fends off the hoard long enough to evacuate but lose their home and many to starro.
4. starro has spread to themyscara and it is now under siege by starro controlled amazons, diana dons her armor and defends her home until all are controlled and she flees to seek help having heard tale of other heroes of the mainland, even though by amazon law is wrong.
5. Superman/Batman/Flash in their respective cities catch reports on chaos and panic on the coasts.
6. Superman flies off to help and fights off starro but is ineffective and then meets Aquaman who says he can communicate with the creature and knows how to stop it but isnt strong enough.
7.Batman has flown off the capture a sample of the creature and meets wonder woman warning others to run. she explains she is seeking answers and a way to save her people. Together they obtain one of the starros and head to the cave to study it.
8. All the while The Flash has left central city in hopes of preventing starro outbreak from reaching it. He obtains a starro and knocks it out then speeds to a star labs facility in order to study the creature. He creates a chemical that kills the starro and has the scientists begin mass production.
9. Batman has been studying the behavior of the creature and has discovered a frequency that renders the starro inert. Batman also has observed the spread based wonder womans info and sees a central focus of starro and decides for them to head there in the batwing. Before they embark Batman prepares a program that will tap into wayne industries satellites and send the frequency out and take affect soon but only as a last resort for he doesnt know how it will affect those being controlled by starro and finds it too risky to test as of yet.
10. Aquaman has been interrogating starros while superman fends off hoards of starro infected citizens. Supes smashes a crater in the ground and starts depositing all infected there. Aquaman finally breaks through to one of the creatures minds and learns they are here to take over and populate and then infect another planet and that there is a original starro(the one that crashed) controlling the others through hive mind. He and superman head out.
11. News reports come in as flash is delivering chemicals to cities to fend off starros while taking out as many as he can and those afflicted. He hears of the superman departure with an unknown orange suited man and heads out to see if he knows what is going on and if theres anything he can do
12. On his way he passes a black ship and a flying woman and doubles back and meets wonder/bats who explain what is going on and where they are headed, flash says the superman is headed that way possibly for the same reason and flash says he’ll go on ahead.
13. Aquaman tells supes here and to let him go and drops into the ocean. Flash arrives and exchanges info with superman.
14. Aquaman dives down and comes across the head starro surrounded by hundreds. The starros startle at his presence and invelope one another becoming a giant behemoth starro. I grabs aquaman and surfaces. Superman frees him and the three begin fighting the beast.
15. The Batwing arrives and wonder woman pops out and also begins fighting while the batwing flies around and blasts key points on the starro. Wonder woman tells the others to attack those points.
16. Aquaman summons sharks to aid and tear into starro from underneath.
17. Wonder and Supes deliver great punches and supes laser visions.
18. Flash runs all over the creature delivering hundreds of blows
19. The creature now jerking in pain writhes and knocks down the batwing as bats ejects and is hounded by infected. Wonder woman comes to his aid and the group convenes. Bats says he has a frequency building but doesnt know what affect it will have on those infected. Flash says he has a deterrent but it will take long too get it in mass production. Supes brings up that first they should take out the head starro in hopes it will stop the spread. Bats orders the other to distact the beast which has recovered while supes flies into orbit. Supes then dives fast down back to earth as bats directs him from the rooftop while fending off infected. Bats tells the others to get back. Superman slams into the creature and rips to its core. It then explodes hundreds of starros.
20. Bats is relieved and runs to inspect the damage and see if the others are okay.
21. He is horrified to see that starros have attached to flash, superman, aquaman and wonder woman and the hoards of infected charge at him.
22. Bats says theres no choice and flips a switch and states that he accepts responsibility for whatever happens and he thanks the heroes for their help.
23. Satellites activate and blasts the earth with the frequency.
24. All infected including the heroes collapse and batman stands alone among thousands of bodies.
25. After a minute of nobody moving batman collapses to his knees in despair.
26. We then hear flash crack a joke
27. Bats looks to see the heroes while aching, are all okay and waking up.
28. Flash cracks another joke at bats, batman groans and the other laugh and congratulate one another.
29. The heroes then aid in recovery efforts in the area. Wonder woman thanks bats personally with a kiss on the cheek for his helping her, then says she must go back to check on her people. Bats is taken aback for a moment and so are the others before aquaman say he must go to. Flash says that they should form a team, bats doesnt respond but Supes agrees. Wonder and Aqua also agree. Bats walks off but before he does says he will get to work on it but right now has to get back to work but if any of them need him hell be in gotham.
30. Each hero nods silently departs
Sounds good, all that needs implimented is some conflict beyond starro. Its to basic the heroes must have some disagreement that may lead them on diffrent paths at the beginning. Great
Ideas for a post, of course it needs more its rather basic. But i love it.
I think they would check egos at the door as they dont know each other yet and the immediate crisis is for uniting them.
I would save disagreements and headbutting for a sequel with a more personal villain like darkseid or superboy prime who can goad them or turn them against one another.
But we must construct before we deconstruct.
Hmm, good point. Then legion of doom for 3rd film?
1st film- intro to league vs starro
2nd film- league+gl+manhunter vs darkseid and white martians
3rd film- introduction of other heroes to the league(shazam/zatanna/redtornado/green arrow) hunted by crime syndicate (injustice league)team of villains made up of vandal savage, prometheus, bizarro(a clone of superman) cheeatah etc
4th film- blue beetle and the reach invasion
5th film- superboy prime and multiverse(owlman etc)
6th film- Black lanterns
7th film- Reboot
Didn’ you already post that? Naah. its all good! that would be an awesome film. What do you think the chances of seeing a “Flash” film are?
I did but I made the mistake of posting on friday.
Flash’ origin is very simple and basic so I dont see the need to do a whole film about it(maybe he explains it in passing) and unless its done as a black or gritty comedy Im afraid it come off as goofy.
Some laugh at the idea of an aquaman film, but his is the easiest to me.
Flash will be the most problematic as you have to mix science, comedy, heroism, and you have to get his effects right.
Darn it… I realy like flash. i think if a JL movie comes out, he will probably be my favorite character.
And no GL?
For the first, no, I think they should hold off cosmic stuff until a sequel or a decent gl movie is made.
If anything, it should be Batman who leaves without saying anything. Do another one of his vanishing acts.
I couldnt go into every detail but I imagine that after he says gotham, the group looks at each other then back at him and hes already gone.
Great idea. I do agree with Trey in that there would need to be some sub-plots going on though: personal character arcs, maybe some in-team fighting (I did read your reply to his comment, and you make a fair point, but imo the movie will need more “content” to be successful).
And you gotta have Green Lantern in there! Come on man! It ain’t the JL without GL!
It is an awesome idea though. If only WB would hire you to write the movie!
The director shane black is working on a Death Note film and a Bleach film is being considered by wb. so
Whats an anime youd like to get a GOOD film of? Since dragon ball evolution was a disappointment.
I didnt mean to post this here.
Man of Steel-This is how it will play out.
Supermans suit will be charged by the earth´s sun, making it glow brighter and making Superman stronger. In the old superman movies, the guy has all the powers from the beginning even when he doesn´t wear the suit. This will be different in MOS, although he has powers they aren´t maxed out until the suit is on and charged. You will witness something new here,
Also, the scenes we are seeing in the trailer with Clark as a kid will only be flashbacks. The movie will start of with Clark being a grown-up seeing these flashbacks and this will continue throughout the movie until it is time for Clark to put his suit on becoming Superman. Superman won´t reveal himself just to grab some robbers and turn them over to the police. The invasion of Zod and co will appear early and keep going for a while until it has gotten so bad that Clark has to step forward as the Man of Steel and save the world. What i am saying here is that we won´t see Superman until the 3rd quarter of the movie and the movie will be ca 2 hours and 15 minutes long.
This is the way to make this the most epic movie ever made, and mark my words…it will be. It will be jaw-dropping……
“This is the way to make this the most epic movie ever made, and mark my words…it will be. It will be jaw-dropping……”
So if the Suit gives him power, how do you explain in the clip of Clark Kent on Fire?
So if he is powered by the suit, and someone steals the suit???
I watched Avengers again yesterday, what an AWSOME movie. My question though after watching it is this: of the four main heros, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, which is the weakest overall character/ story wise?
As much as I love him, I’m thinking that its Cap. He is clearly the weakest physically of the four (not counting Stark with no armor), and seems like he brings less to the table than the others. Stark is the brains, along with Banner, Thor is a warrior unmatched, Hulk is well, Hulk and Cap just seems the weakest of the bunch. He’s strong by human standards, but is no match for Thor, Hulk or IM, so what does he bring. IMO all he brings is a leadership quality, and he’s a great tactition/strategist. But as for super powers, he’s really lacking. Even Loki was kicking his ass until IM showed up to save him. As for story, he seems to be lacking as well. I loved Cap. 1 and can’t wait for Cap. 2 but when he’s around the other heros, he just doesn’t seem to match up well. On his own, however he’s great.
Captain America is the Batman of Justice league….
The batman of the avengers you mean but all the same Cap is the leader.. No Cap.. No Avengers.. period
i always thought Stark was the Batman of the group. I know Bats is the genius, and tactition of the JL, so I just equated that to Stark. I agree with Kyle, Cap needs to bring more.
Sorry, I must have missed your post.
I always thought Black Panther was the Batman of the team
I brought this up on Friday that Cap should have been more like Blonsky in the Incredible Hulk. He needs to be faster and stronger in order for him to have some value to the team. Right now he just seems like a really good solider. Not even really that strong.
I wish I had the power to leap from car to car in a heavily crowded street in New York…
That and the fact that it took him so long to shoot that enemy on the helicarrier. You know, for a Super Soldier, it shouldn’t take more than a few shots to get someone
Cap may be the weakest charactee but he has the most interesting story, well he should with trying to fit in the time. Ironman imo has the weakest story
Out of the four main heroes, Cap is the weakest physically, no doubt.
Story wise though, I thought Thor had the weakest arc in the movie: He just showed up wanting to take his brother back home.
Stark had a great arc about truly becoming a hero. He learned to (kinda-sorta) let go of his ego and stopped only being in it for himself, instead, sacrificing himself for the lives of others – even though he didn’t actually die, he was prepared to do so.
Banner, of course, had an awesome story arc. No need to even debate that.
And as for Cap, while his personal “journey” in the movie was very subtle, it was still there imo. I really felt for the guy in ‘The Avengers’. He’s a fish out of water, he’s out of his league and out of his greatly depth, yet he still soldiered on and lead a group of people, some much stronger ad skilled than him, in the battle of NY. At the end of the movie it kinda seemed like he managed to find a place in the new world and that maybe, as much as the battle scarred Stark (as we’ll find out in IM3), it actually did Cap good in making him feel like he was still needed in the new world.
*greatly out of his depth
The Avengers did not do a very good job with Cap. He can bring the pain though. He blocked a double hammerfist from the Hulk to save Spider-Man. And at the end of Civil War he almost kills Stark armor and all.
Planning to do a YouTube series called “The James Bond Effect”, which is going to be a Comedy series that consists of what happens after James Bond leaves a trail of chaos in each of his adventures (example: a construction worker loses his temper and conducts a search party after finding his entire dig site wrecked to pieces from “Casino Royale”)
Hahahaha funny. Its like doing a short story about the people who have to clean up the 1000 of alien bodies after the avengera
A possible hilarious twist on the above idea, the construcion worker is ruined so he emmigrates. he puts his life back together and finaly has enough to buy a new backhoe… slowly he works up to a consultant business… the warranty has just expired on his piece of machinery, and he decides to tranport it to another job site… by train. Chaos ensues.
THAT EXPLAINS THE DIGGER ONBOARD THE TRAIN!
Kind of like a James Bond Insurance company. With its own clean up crew?
I just can’t wait for the Man of Steel movie. Also hears A rumor that Green Lantern and Young Justice havrn’t been cancled anyone know for sure.
they havent been renewed, therefore on hiatus/canceled.
I have never seen young justice.. worth a watch?
Its the best dc show to date and Im pissed theres not going to be a third season.
Breaking (ish) News.
the “Wolverine” Director, just confirmed that the Wolverine trailer wont be released till late March. The previous report that the trailer would be comming out this week, was merley rumor.
March? But the movie’s coming out in July right?
That seems very strange.
Yeh! it is a little wierd… Im just ticked it isnt comming this week.
here is the story: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/D117/news/?a=74091
That does seem very late in order to build some hype of this movie… Iron Man did their trailer 7 months in advance…
huh. that’s ridiculous! the Thor 2 one will come out around that time and the movie is released in Novermber… well, what can you do
I would think that’s a worrying sign with a trailer that close to the movie coming out. Usually that doesn’t bode well..
Alright, this explains it …somewhat.
The Wolverine trailer will be attatched to G.I.J. Ret.
this explains the delay!…
I can’t wait to see Die Hard 5 this weekend! such a good way to spend Valentine’s day
Ive just read that Die Hard 5 is getting a 12A rating here in the UK
So according to the BBFC it’s completely acceptable for a child under 12 to watch a movie that contains endless scenes of violence and numerous uses of the word mother fcuker!
Good to know they have our future generations best interests at heart!
Can’t wait for the future Disney Channel hit – One Night in Hannah Montanna!
Jesus, why can’t Die Hard be for you know, die hard fans, who are adults!!
I don’t mind that. I haven’t had a problem with young kids in the cinema so far, really.. a lot of the action flicks here have lower rating than they should. they didn’t let kids under 14 in The Amazing Spiderman which I found ridiculous and watched it again with 3 13-year-olds
ratings are ridiculous anyway and they rarely translate well from country to country
“Can’t wait for the future Disney Channel hit – One Night in Hannah Montanna!”
I´d be really surprised if that Cyrus kid doesn´t end up in porn movies.
To: Screen Rant Community
Please hear me out. On Feb 3rd I went to a Super Bowl party, now I am not much of a drinker but the hostess was severing the most delicious Margaritas, we soon ran out of Margarita Mix so the next thing you know we are all taking strait Tequila shots.
I got so drunk that I had to get a ride home. Upon arriving at home I realized two thing, 1. I had just lost a tidy sum of money on the game. 2 . I was out of smokes and had no way of getting any more.
A perfect storm of rage, loss of money, drunk, and no cigarettes. So what do I do? I sit down at my computer and hope to ease the tempest going on in my mind.
The next day I wake up about noon. Sicker then a dog and still no smokes, and where’s my car? Everything seems so fuzzy.
There’s this old saying “ if you don’t feel normal, then do something normal.” So I checked my Email. Dozens of messages from Screen Rant most were in regard to the Planet Hulk story. I started to read them. Holy Hell !!! What have I done. I have vilified myself to a community that I truly care about. (you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain)
I was so ashamed and embarrassed that I couldn’t go on reading. Surely I did not write all this, immature, trollish, drivel, it was the Devil who wrote it, not me.
So the next day, I’m thinking how can I apologize to the staff and community of Screen Rant? Well the first thing I had to do is go to the sight and as painful as it might be read everything I had written. So I did. My head had begun to clear by then so I took a hard look at everything.
Wow it was bad, but upon further examination I realized something. I had provided a great deal of entertainment for all those involved .
So instead of saying sorry, I will say…you’re welcome.
All joking aside, I do apologize to all those involved, pleas don’t make me go back to Comicbookmovies.com.
Don’t blame the alcohol…
But still, apology accepted, I am sure.
“All joking aside, I do apologize to all those involved, pleas don’t make me go back to Comicbookmovies.com.”
Hahahaha, I know that feeling. And I also know that feeling going to your favorite website (SR of course) and read the bullsh*t you posted in a wasted state of mind the night before.
I haven´t read your stuff on the WWH thread, but I do know the feeling. And in the words of Thor:
Thou might be forgiven.
What are people’s thoughts on the two versions of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”? I watched the Swedish version last night, and I am now contemplating watching the American version. Would it be a good watch, or should I just skip it?
the swedish one is better than the american one, but the second and third films in the swedish trilogy is better than the first one I suggest you finish that trilogy first
Agreed, I liked the Swedish version better, although Rooney Mara, the lead actress in the American version, is nicer to look at.
I didnt see the swedish version, but I loved the American version. Rooney Mara was perfect. `
Supernatural, Arrow and Vampire Diaries were picked up early for new seasons today! Yay! Saving people, hunting things. The family business.
Vampire Diaries is a family business?
Possibly. God knows what they are up to!
For all the fans of The Big Bang Theroy how about this for an episode. Somehow the guys wind up with invations to the premier of the Man of Steel movie. With that Penny,Bernndet and Amy go crazy trying to find the right dresses. And trying to keep the guys from going in costume instead of tuxeidos. Then at the end everyone but Sheldon has A great time. Wene they ask him what’s wrong he says”Well first off”. Fade to black credits roll no spoilers.
Anybody know why they changed Mclane’s son’s name from John to Jack in the Die Hard movies? I just rewatched part 1 and his name was John, but it’s later changed to Jack. Does the new film explain that?
Jack is the diminutive alter name for John. John Junior would be known as Jack because he is the son.
It goes back to Medieval Times on the use and association with the name. It is just a matter of preference.
What do you guys think of a Justice League Dark? I think that the Avengers basically already beat the Justice League but Magic is really popular and people are waiting for something to beat Harry potter.
You can’t basically already beat something that doesn’t exist yet…
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Rules: No profanity or personal attacks. Use a valid email address or risk being banned from commenting.
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
If your comment doesn't show up immediately, it may have been flagged for moderation. Please try refreshing the page first, then drop us a note and we'll retrieve it.