Another week means another wrap up.
We Tell No One about a new remake; Hollywood decides to tell us about The Day They Stole The Mona Lisa; Wolverine‘s Danny Huston is beyond the Poseidon adventure; Maria Bello and Craig T. Nelson are Company Men and Amanda Peet Travels with Jack Black.
1. Miramax will produce a remake of hit French thriller Tell No One.
The original film saw a French doctor discover that his dead wife may be alive – don’t get funny – I know that would mean she’s not really dead but get over it.
The film sounds like a 1990′s Hollywood thriller starring Michael Douglas or Harrison Ford (that’s not a bad thing). Jurassic Park producer and Spielberg protégé Kathleen Kennedy will produce the film.
The original film was based on a novel by Haralan Coben.
2. Roger Donaldson the man behind such first rate thrillers as No Way Out and Thirteen Days will direct The Day They Stole the Mona Lisa. It’s not a sequel to The Day The Earth Stood Still – or Mona Lisa Smile for that matter.
According to Variety:
“The book centers on the theft of the world’s most famous painting from the Louvre in 1911. It was missing for more than two years before an Italian carpenter named Vincent Perugia showed up with the painting in Florence. The film will center on the conman who masterminded the theft.”
Even if the film doesn’t turn out to be good at least Donaldson will get a holiday out of it.
3. Danny Houstin is taking the Poseidon. Sorry that was just a little bit of phonic toilet humor.
The X-Men Origins: Wolverine actor will play Poseidon in Clash of The Titans.
Son of the legendary John Huston.
The remake of the great Clash of The Titans will also star Terminator Salvation and Avatar star Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Gemma Arterton.
4. Maria Bello and Craig T. Nelson have joined the line-up of Company Men. The John Wells written and directed film will also star Oscar winners Ben Affleck, Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones and Chris Cooper.
The credit crunch drama is currently shooting in Boston.
5. Amanda Peet will star alongside Jack Black in 20th Century Fox’s Gulliver’s Travels.
According to The Hollywood Reporter:
“The modern retelling follows travel writer Lemuel Gulliver, who heads to an assignment in the Bermuda Triangle only to end up on the secret island of Lilliput, home to a population of industrious tiny people. Peet will play Black’s editor and potential romantic interest.”
The original story was written by Jonathan Swift – the author behind the darkly comedic “A Modest Proposal”.
Peet is a serial co-star of Black’s High Fidelity chum John Cusack – appearing in three films with the actor – their next being 2012.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
That’s it for now. See you at the movies.