In the summer of 2012, a few short weeks after Marvel’s Avengers set the worldwide box office on fire cementing, Disney and Marvel Studios unveiled the ultimate in-home 10-disc Blu-ray collector’s set that included all of the films of Phase 1 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Three years later, with Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man concluding Phase 2, the next big collection is here. Where the Phase 1 set was built around the Tesseract, the Phase 2 Blu-ray set includes the orb from Guardians of the Galaxy. Now you can own two Infinity Stone containment units!
As revealed in Phase 2, the Tesseract – or Cosmic Cube as it’s also known as – was actually a storage container of sorts for an Infinity Stone (the Space Stone). And the Orb that Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) and Thanos (Josh Brolin) are all after in Guardians of the Galaxy contains the Power Stone. With the Aether (the Reality Stone) given to The Collector at the end of Thor: The Dark World and the Mind Stone from Loki’s Sceptre now helping give live to new Avenger Vision (Paul Bettany), there remains only two stones to be introduced in Phase 3 of the MCU which begins next summer with Captain America: Civil War. Here’s your best way to catch up before then, and perhaps the perfect gift idea for the Marvel movie lover in your life – available exclusively on Amazon for a hefty $220:
13-Disc Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two Collection
The limited edition Phase Two Collection includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and Digital Copies of all six Phase 2 films, special features and Marvel One-Shots included PLUS an Exclusive Bonus Content Disc with 166 minutes of bonus material. It releases December 8, 2015 – the same day Marvel’s Ant-Man becomes available on Blu-ray.
After designing the disc sleeves for the Phase One Collection, artist Matt Ferguson returns for the Phase Two set to design its packaging. This new collection also includes a bunch of memorabilia, including a gold-foiled page from the book of Dark Elves, an ancient drawing from the Morag vault, Avengers and S.T.R.I.K.E. uniform patches, a replica of the Tony Stark Tattoo from Marvel’s Iron Man 3, and more.
From Here To Infinity: Phases 2 & 3 Of The M.C.U.
Journey back through Marvel’s Phase 2 films, from its launch in Iron Man 3 through its fulfillment in Ant-Man, to see how individual characters grow and change, how their relationships with each other evolve over time, and how the universe itself expands with each story. Listen to filmmakers discuss the first set of Phase 3 films– Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, Marvel’s Doctor Strange, and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – and discover there are no limits to the adventure!
Phase 2 Tag Scenes: A Making-Of
Learn the story behind the post-credit sequence in Marvel’s Phase 1 and 2 movies, and explore how the scenes connect and unify the far-flung characters and worlds of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Previously Seen Bonus Features From Individual Releases
- Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant w/Audio Commentary By Clark Gregg
- Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor’s Hammer With Audio Commentary By Clark Gregg
- Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 With Audio Commentary By Louis D’Esposito, Max Hernandez, Titus Welliver And Jesse Bradford
- Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter With Audio Commentary By Louis D’Esposito And Hayley Atwell
- Marvel One-Shot: All Hail The King With Audio Commentary By Drew Pearce And Ben Kingsley
- Iron Man 3: Deleted Scenes
- Iron Man 3: Preproduction Creative
- Thor: The Dark World: Deleted Scenes
- Thor: The Dark World Preproduction Creative
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Deleted Scene With Audio Commentary By Anthony Russo, Joe Russo, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Preproduction Creative
- Guardians of The Galaxy: Deleted Scenes
- Guardians of The Galaxy: Preproduction Creative
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Deleted Scenes
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Preproduction Creative: Hulk vs. Hulkbuster
- Ant-Man: Deleted Scenes
- Ant-Man: Preproduction Creative
Which Marvel movies do you own and did you pick up the Phase 1 set? Planning on collecting Phase 2?
The Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two Collection releases December 8, 2015, available exclusively from Amazon.
Captain America: Civil War will release on May 6, 2016, followed by Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man – July 28, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019; and as-yet untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.