Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is almost upon us, with the official marketing campaign for Captain America: Civil War beginning yesterday (watch the first trailer here!) evening alongside the official start to production on Doctor Strange. These are the first two films of Phase 3, both releasing in 2016, but before we get there, Phase 2 is coming to an end in just matter of weeks.
Ant-Man may already be finishing its worldwide theatrical run, but its home video release happens Tuesday, December 8th, the same day the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two collection debuts as well, featuring 13 discs of content, including new exclusive footage and new sleeve artwork by Matt Ferguson, all wrapped up in a case featuring the Infinity Stone and Orb from Guardians of the Galaxy.
The package is exclusive to Amazon and after designing the disc sleeves for the 10-disc Phase One Collection, artist Matt Ferguson returns for the Phase Two set to design its packaging. We got a hint of the art in the above, previously released image, but now we have an official look at the complete sleeves which look spectacular and poster-worthy:
This Phase 2 collection also includes a bunch of neat memorabilia, including a gold-foiled page from the book of Dark Elves, an ancient drawing from the Morag vault, Avengers and S.T.R.I.K.E. uniform patches, a replica of the Tony Stark Tattoo from Marvel’s Iron Man 3, and more. There’s 166 minutes of new exclusive bonus footage on the bonus disc along with these familiar bonus features from each film’s individual release:
- Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant w/Audio Commentary By Clark Gregg
- Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor’s Hammer With Audio Commentary By Clark Gregg
- Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 With Audio Commentary By Louis D’Esposito, Max Hernandez, Titus Welliver And Jesse Bradford
- Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter With Audio Commentary By Louis D’Esposito And Hayley Atwell
- Marvel One-Shot: All Hail The King With Audio Commentary By Drew Pearce And Ben Kingsley
- Iron Man 3: Deleted Scenes
- Iron Man 3: Preproduction Creative
- Thor: The Dark World: Deleted Scenes
- Thor: The Dark World Preproduction Creative
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Deleted Scene With Audio Commentary By Anthony Russo, Joe Russo, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Preproduction Creative
- Guardians of The Galaxy: Deleted Scenes
- Guardians of The Galaxy: Preproduction Creative
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Deleted Scenes
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Preproduction Creative: Hulk vs. Hulkbuster
- Ant-Man: Deleted Scenes
- Ant-Man: Preproduction Creative
Which piece of art is your fave? Share your thoughts in the comments!
The Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two Collection releases December 8, 2015, available exclusively from Amazon.
Captain America: Civil War will release on May 6, 2016, followed by Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man – July 28, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019; and as-yet untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.