Marvel is all set to bring its slate of upcoming movies and games to Disney’s D23 expo this summer, giving fans early looks at the company’s latest offerings. At one point, San Diego Comic-Con was the essential event when it came to connecting with fans and spreading news about new movies, shows, comics, and games. Over the years, however, a number of rival events have grown in prominence. Aside from New York Comic-Con and a number of other growing regional expos, companies have begun hosting their own events to promote their properties.
The biggest of these is Disney’s D23, which now offers fans the inside scoop on Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. In the past, Marvel Studios sat out a few Comic-Cons in order to show off its latest films at D23. Luckily, this year will see it attending both. This July, Marvel will not only be on hand at Comic-Con, but also D23. For fans lucky enough to attend, they’ll be able to get a behind-the-scenes look at the latest films and games from Marvel, as well as all the animated TV offerings.
Marvel has just announced the panels and exhibits it is bringing to D23 this year, teasing an inside look at the studio’s biggest upcoming films. Set pieces, costumes, and props from this fall’s Thor: Ragnarok will all be on display for fans to interact with, while costumes from Black Panther will also be in available. Both exhibits will not only offer attending fans a new glimpse at the films, but will likely show up online following the event. The announcement may also allude to Comic-Con being where a trailer for Thor and a teaser for Black Panther will be revealed, as neither are mentioned for D23.
In addition to the two film exhibits, fans will get to experience a number of displays and panels focusing on Marvel’s various mobile and console games. Check out the full list below.
- “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2” is an all-new, original adventure and sequel to the smash hit “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.” Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
- Adding to the infinite excitement of D23 Expo, “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” will offer attendees hands-on opportunities with the next era of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” features a variety of exciting and accessible single-player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike and will be released on September 19, 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Gazillion will offer a chance to play “Marvel Heroes Omega” and win fantastic prizes. “Marvel Heroes Omega” combines the core gameplay style of Action-RPGs and MMOs with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. With thousands of hours of character progression and rewards, “Marvel Heroes Omega” comes packed with tons of replay value and a steady stream of new challenges with regular updates.
- Netmarble is bringing its best to D23 Expo with “Marvel Future Fight.” Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, players create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. D23 Expo attendees can try their hand at saving the universe.
- “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is where the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game available on your phone, tablet, and PC. “Marvel Puzzle Quest” combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-versus-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more. Guests can unleash their inner Super Hero and wage war against their enemies. Learn more at marvelpuzzlequest.com.
Aside from the game and movie events, Marvel is bringing the Cup O’ Joe panel with comic book CCO Joe Quesada. There will also be an animation panel, discussing the various animated TV shows from Marvel. Along with existing series, expect news on the upcoming Marvel’s Spider-Man which is set to debut later this year. Tickets for the event are on sale now, so get them while they last.
D23 takes place July 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California.