No matter what happens in each Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, you can always count on Tony Stark suiting up again and again and again for the next major conflict. Even after tossing away all of his armor suits at the end of Iron Man 3, Stark was back at it in Avengers: Age of Ultron which set the stage for his latest starring role in 2016’s Captain America: Civil War with a brand new armored suit – his most advanced yet.
Yesterday we shared an exclusive unboxing video of the life-like Sixth Scale Drax the Destroyer Figure by Hot Toys, part of their Movie Masterpiece Series and based on Guardians of the Galaxy film, and today we’re unboxing forty-sixth Iron Man Armor as featured in the third Captain America.
This is the Sixth Scale Mark XLVI Iron Man armor by Hot Toys, the first full armor suit by Stark that features a fully retractable helmet. Also part of the Movie Masterpiece Series (MMS), this armored replica is made of diecast material to look like the onscreen armor and is crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in Civil War*. It features a newly sculpted Tony Stark head sculpt, an interchangeable helmeted head, sophisticatedly developed sleek and streamlined armor, 28 LED light-up points throughout the body, a specially applied metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor, life-like thrust fire accessories, the helmet of Captain America, and a specially designed debris diorama figure stand.
The figure stands at the same height as the new Dave Bautista – Drax figure at 32cm tall but is differentiated by its metal pieces which is why it retails for $344.99. It includes the following and is available here for an estimated arrival this summer, perfect timing for fans waiting to see Stark’s next Iron Man armor as featured in Spider-Man: Homecoming:
- Alternate helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- 28 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armor (white light, battery operated)
- Chest armor can be detached to reveal interior mechanical design
- Interchangeable shoulder armor (regular, missile firing)
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of hands with life-like thrust fire effect
- Articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- One (1) sixth scale Captain America helmet
- Two (2) life-like thrust fire accessories attachable to the feet of the figure
- Debris diorama figure stand with a Mark XLVI nameplate and the movie logo
Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.
Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Emily VanCamp, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd and Frank Grillo, with William Hurt and Daniel Brühl. Anthony & Joe Russo are directing with Kevin Feige producing. Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee are the executive producers. The screenplay is by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.
More: Sideshow Collectibles
*Tony Stark head sculpt – prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval.