There is little doubt that Iron Man 2 is going to be one of the most successful films of 2010. Between all the posters, clips, trailers, the awesome new website and all the fantastic toys being released in association with the film, Iron Man 2 really has no choice but to be a gigantic success. Heck, even the tie-commercials for the film are hilariously awesome to watch.
The good folks over at Hot Toys are at it again with their highly (and I do mean HIGHLY) detailed figurine of Whiplash, played by Mickey Rourke (The Expendables). The last figure they released was War Machine and the artistry involved in the piece was stunning. They do not seem to have let up on the precise detail for Whiplash. You can check out some pictures of the figurine below.
I’m curious to find out if this will be the only costume we’ll see Whiplash wearing, or does director Jon Favreau have something else in mind? The trailers seem to indicate that Ivan Vanko becomes incarcerated after his initial confrontation with Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and then is later seen helping Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) build his robot army. Rumors of an appearance of the Crimson Dynamo have been floating around since last year but there has been no confirmation one way or the other.
When you consider that the unarmored Whiplash is really no match for Iron Man’s Mark IV armor, it would stand to reason that he needs some actual armor of his own for protection. Add the fact that Vanko will ultimately be working with Hammer to create unmanned armor drones – well it doesn’t take a psychic to see where all this could be heading.
Here is a gallery of Whiplash Figurine images for you to look at, followed by a description of the figurine:
Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the Iron Man 2 movie. The movie-accurate Whiplash collectible is highly detailed and specially crafted based on the image of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in the movie, highlighting the newly sculpted head, muscular upper body, patterned tattoos, light-up functions, highly detailed accessories and weapons.
The 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
– Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in the movie Iron Man 2
– Newly developed head sculpt with real-like facial expression, wrinkles and beard
– Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture with grey highlight on dark brown hair
– Newly developed upper muscular body and arms
– Highly detailed patterned tattoos on neck, upper body, arms, palms and fingers
– Approximately 30 cm tall
– Over 30 points of articulations
– Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms
+ One (1) pair for holding metal-like whips
+ One (1) pair of fists
– LED chest light (white light, battery operated, battery included)
– Metal-like electricity generator with light-up function at the back
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– Brown-colored jumpsuit with burning effect and holes
– Hydraulic exoskeleton with brown-colored leather-like harness
– Brown-colored leather-like belt with accessories
– One (1) pair of brown-colored buckled boots
– Necklace with cross-shaped pendant
– Figure base with Whiplash nameplate and movie logo
– One (1) pair of metal-like whips with real-like flashes and wires
You can view the full gallery of pictures HERE.
What are your thoughts on the Whiplash figurine from Iron Man 2 and do you think this is his only costume? Or could we possibly seem don a new and improved armor by the end of the film?
Iron Man 2 opens in theaters everywhere May 7th, 2010.
Follow me on Twitter @Walwus
Source: Hot Toys