Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web. Today you’ll find every Harrison Ford movie up to 2013; a Hayao Miyazaki tribute figure; every Super Bowl ad in one place; a Chewbaccca Seat Belt Cover; and the most impressive costumes from Star Trek: TNG‘s first 3 seasons. All that and more on this edition of SR’s Geek Picks!
If you have any Geek Picks of your own, please send them to srgeekpicks(at)gmail(dot)com and you could be featured in a future post!
To kick things off today, StarWars.com has the 10 best Jedi.
ALL The Harrison Ford Movies
All of Harrison Ford’s movies up to 2013.
The Making of Octodad: Dadliest Catch
A behind the scenes look at one of the biggest indie games of 2013, and their journey to E3.
Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt – The Spill
The problem with friends is that they’re always there for you. View the Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 2014 Big Game commercial featuring John Stamos, Bob Saget & Dave Coulier.
Every Super Bowl Ad
With over 1500 commercials, the EverySuperBowlAd channel is now complete. It’s the biggest and only place on YouTube where fans can watch every-single-Super-Bowl-commercials from the past 30 years.All spots are neatly grouped, tagged and organized in playlists for easy discovery. For example:
- Every movie trailers (111) shown at the Super Bowl
- Year by year commercials
- Every ads from top advertisers like Budweiser, Pepsi, Doritos, etc
- Top campaigns (Clydesdales, Wassup, Bud Bowl, etc.)
- Playlists categories like over-the-top or sexy commercials. Ads with politicians, animals, actors, musicians, athletes, etc…
- Best of the year/decade compilations
- Worst of the year/decade complications
- The list goes on and on…
- Anheuser-Busch is by far the king of advertisers with nearly 200 commercials for Budweiser (112) and Bud Light (75). This averages about 6 ads each year. Pepsi is #2
- Michael Jordan is the most featured athlete (9)
- In the last 30 years, car advertisers created more than 200 spots (7.5% of all ads).
- Advertisers stayed away from sexy commercials even with a large male audience. Only a handful of Super Bowl ads (15) contains a sexy connotation. This number excludes GoDaddy, which is the exception and have ads that are more about bad taste than sexiness.
- Animal most used are dogs (33). I can’t recall the number of ads featuring cats but it’s below 5
- Movie trailers were uncommon in earlier Super Bowls. The first one was “Over the Top” in 1987. Nowadays they are all over the place…
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!