Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web. Today you’ll find every Harrison Ford movie up to 2013; a Hayao Miyazaki tribute figure; every Super Bowl ad in one place; a Chewbaccca Seat Belt Cover; and the most impressive costumes from Star Trek: TNG‘s first 3 seasons. All that and more on this edition of SR’s Geek Picks!
If you have any Geek Picks of your own, please send them to srgeekpicks(at)gmail(dot)com and you could be featured in a future post!
To kick things off today, StarWars.com has the 10 best Jedi.
ALL The Harrison Ford Movies
All of Harrison Ford’s movies up to 2013.
The Making of Octodad: Dadliest Catch
A behind the scenes look at one of the biggest indie games of 2013, and their journey to E3.
Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt – The Spill
The problem with friends is that they’re always there for you. View the Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 2014 Big Game commercial featuring John Stamos, Bob Saget & Dave Coulier.
Every Super Bowl Ad
With over 1500 commercials, the EverySuperBowlAd channel is now complete. It’s the biggest and only place on YouTube where fans can watch every-single-Super-Bowl-commercials from the past 30 years.All spots are neatly grouped, tagged and organized in playlists for easy discovery. For example:
- Every movie trailers (111) shown at the Super Bowl
- Year by year commercials
- Every ads from top advertisers like Budweiser, Pepsi, Doritos, etc
- Top campaigns (Clydesdales, Wassup, Bud Bowl, etc.)
- Playlists categories like over-the-top or sexy commercials. Ads with politicians, animals, actors, musicians, athletes, etc…
- Best of the year/decade compilations
- Worst of the year/decade complications
- The list goes on and on…
- Anheuser-Busch is by far the king of advertisers with nearly 200 commercials for Budweiser (112) and Bud Light (75). This averages about 6 ads each year. Pepsi is #2
- Michael Jordan is the most featured athlete (9)
- In the last 30 years, car advertisers created more than 200 spots (7.5% of all ads).
- Advertisers stayed away from sexy commercials even with a large male audience. Only a handful of Super Bowl ads (15) contains a sexy connotation. This number excludes GoDaddy, which is the exception and have ads that are more about bad taste than sexiness.
- Animal most used are dogs (33). I can’t recall the number of ads featuring cats but it’s below 5
- Movie trailers were uncommon in earlier Super Bowls. The first one was “Over the Top” in 1987. Nowadays they are all over the place…
Your car many never do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, but this seat belt cover will make it look like you co-piloted the ship that holds the record. It’s a handmade cover that looks just like Chewbacca’s bandolier with fur. It easily attaches with Velcro and measures about 19″ long to fit a wide range of vehicles. You can also use it on a messenger bag or guitar strap.
Yours for $21.99.
Game Exchange – Why Ocarina of Time Offended Muslims
The Legend of Zelda is a long-beloved series. But did you know it’s more controversial than you thought. Gaijin Goomba takes us through some of the more controversial moments from Ocarina of Time and the original Legend of Zelda. Were these games really offensive to other religions?
LoveFail.com is a comedic web series about the awkward world of online dating. For anyone who has used a dating site, who knows someone who has tried internet dating, or who wants to go online dating without going online dating.
Head over to io9 for the full gallery.
The Hunger Games: Catching Peeta (supercut!)
In The Hunger Games: Catching Fire you’ll hear “Peeta” about 51 times. That’s once every 3 minutes!
Hand over your coffee license and registration please!
This generously sized crime fighting mug is at your service and will be happy to guard your cuppa from thirsty thieves.
Made from quality ceramic, the Robocup is dishwasher and microwave safe and boasts a healthy diameter of 9.3cm.
The coolest part about these headshots? They were created on a Nintendo 3DS!
The Scott Pilgrim Picture Show – Highlights – June 14th, 2013
Highlights from CinemAttack! Production’s premier presentation of the The Scott Pilgrim Picture Show – an immersive screening experience of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
$95.00 USD at TenaciousToys. Preorders available until Jan 31. Figure ships in April.
That’s all for today, folks! Be sure to check back tomorrow for more movie-related geekery.
Today’s picks have been brought to you by: Borderline Hollywood, TenaciousToys, Tyler Jacobs, Cheezburger, StarWars.com, ThumbsUpWorld, io9, Wouter De Bruycker, Julia Baron, The Game Theorists, NerdApproved, OikosYogurt and thepeterson.