- Michael C. – Lake Stevens, WA
Doritos will be crashing the Super Bowl again this year and this time they’ve brought along a little help: Michael Bay. Not only will you be able to submit your own Doritos ads for Super Bowl XLVII via the Crash the Super Bowl site, but now you can “Pitch-In” and collaborate with others to help create ads. But don’t worry if you’re not the creative type, because we’ve got a great Doritos contest anyone can enter.
To help spread the word about Doritos Crash the Super Bowl, and to make sure the Super Bowls ads stay as entertaining as they’ve always been, Doritos is providing Screen Rant with a 42″ HD-TV television to give away. And because television is much more fun while eating Doritos (you know it’s true), we got the chip maestros to throw in a case for the winner. That’s right, fresh Doritos from the factory to your home. You’re welcome, future luckiest contest winner ever.
If you’re interested in entering your own ad, check out the information below, where you can read about your chance at winning $1-Million from Doritos. Of course, that’s not big enough for Michael Bay, so he will also be providing the winner with the opportunity to work on Transformers 4, which itself comes with a $1-Million bonus. Feeling creative yet? You should be. You can enter your ads using the link below.
Giveaway Details and Prizes
One lucky winner will receive a 42-inch HD-TV and a case of Doritos:
1 – 42″ HD-TV
1 – Case of Doritos
About Doritos Crash The Super Bowl:
Following six previous contests, $5 million in prize money awarded and three No. 1 USA TODAY Ad Meter rankings, the Doritos brand is doing the unthinkable for the seventh anniversary of the program — raising the stakes higher than ever before.
In a message direct to fans via webcast , acclaimed Hollywood film director Michael Bay and the Doritos brand announced the biggest, boldest contest grand prize to date: an opportunity to work with Bay on the next installment of the “Transformers” movie franchise, along with a shot at a $1 million bonus. From Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, the next installment in the hit series will be released on June 27, 2014. The webcast is now archived on the Doritos Facebook Page — the main hub of this year’s contest.
As in previous years, the Crash the Super Bowl contest invites consumers to create homemade ads for the Doritos brand, with two finalist consumer-created spots ultimately airing during the Super Bowl broadcast. One of those ads will be selected by America’s votes; the other by the Doritos brand team. The finalist whose ad scores highest on the USA TODAY Ad Meter rankings will be awarded the grand prize-career opportunity working with Bay. In addition, if a consumer-generated Doritos ad scores No. 1 on the USA TODAY Ad Meter, the Doritos brand will award its creator a $1 million bonus. The Super Bowl XLVII broadcast is set for Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, on CBS.
For the first time in Crash the Super Bowl history, the contest will be run from a Crash the Super Bowl-branded app on the Doritos Facebook Page . There, participants can upload their :30 homemade commercials until Nov. 16, 2012, but the app is designed to engage and socialize with consumers in a much broader way than ever before. New to this year’s contest, the app will feature a “Pitch In” collaboration tool that allows fans from all walks of life to interact with each other and assist with the creation of Crash the Super Bowl entries by requesting or offering up props, talent and other items contestants need to create their potentially winning ads. Now, anyone from any background can play a role in the creation of the next great Doritos masterpiece. The app will also house the traditional toolbox where Doritos logos, product shots, music and animations are available for download and use, as well as the gallery of all contest submissions where fans can view submissions and weigh in on their personal favorites.
Five finalist ads will be announced in January 2013. Then it will be up to fans to vote for their favorite consumer-created ad. Each of the five finalists will win $25,000 and a trip to New Orleans to attend Super Bowl XLVII in a private luxury suite at the game, where they will tune in to learn for the first time which consumer ads will compete for the top spot in the USA TODAY Ad Meter before a worldwide audience. Bonus prizing will be awarded, based on how each ad ranks on the USA TODAY Ad Meter:
• $1 million will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
• $600,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 two spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
• $400,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
Doritos Crash The Super Bowl runs until Nov. 16, 2012, with winners announced January 2013
Super Bowl XLVII will air, Feb. 3, 2013, on CBS
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Doritos Crash The Superbowl Contest
(You can find all the rules and legal jargon on the next page.)
1. ELIGIBILITY: Screen Rant Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes and subsequent prize-award period unless otherwise specified by Screen Rant. All employees of Screen Rant. (“Sponsor”), all associated agencies and each of their sales representatives, distributors, or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. Where necessary, the Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within twenty four (24) hours of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES: The Prize will be delivered to the winning entrant’s address or at the sole option and discretion of the contest sponsor to a recipient designated by the contest winner. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes and other charges are responsibility of the winner. No substitutions allowed. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize package, and are solely the winner’s responsibility.
4. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
5. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Screen Rant and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize.
7. SPONSOR: Screen Rant
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!