Fan-favorite comedy series Community secured a fourth season earlier this year (without creator Dan Harmon in tow). Several cast members were present at the Comic-Con 2012 Community Panel, where they teased the future shenanigans of the Greendale Seven.
The Community stars were accompanied by newly-appointed showrunners David Guarascio and Moses Port, who voiced their desire to not stray far from Harmon’s approach to the television series.
To kick off the Community Comic-Con panel, those in attendance were treated to a compilation of memorable moments from the previous seasons, which concluded with new footage of Donald Glover (Troy) and Danny Pudi (Abed) announcing “You tried to kill us, but you only made us more awesome.” Afterwards, Joel McHale (Jeff), Gillian Jacobs (Britta), Alison Brie (Annie), and Yvette Nicole Brown (Shirley) walked onstage, joined by Guarascio and Port.
Here are the major highlights/revelations from the panel:
- Brown compared her and McHale’s real-life relationship to Shirley and Jeff – as she’s always beating him at foosball. She also mentioned that the German fooseball players from S3 will return.
- McHale announced that we will get to meet Jeff’s father in S4 (spoiler: it’s Eddie Murphy – kidding).
- Guarascio promised that he and Port will “not screw [the show] up” and plan to keep things running just like they were under Harmon’s watchful eye.
- S4 will be “a time of emotional change” for most of the main characters, as it’s their senior year – though, that does not, per se, mean it will be the show’s final season.
- We’ll get to see Pierce Hawthorne’s (Chevy Chase) mansion, and see an Inspector Spacetime Convention.
- Pudi and McHale performed the Community Christmas rap.
- S3 DVD arrives on August 14th, 2012 (close to Brown’s birthday).
- A Britta/Troy pairing isn’t a certainty, but Guarascio teased that “The sparks might become a fire.”
- There won’t be an Inspector Spacetime TV show (unless it’s fan-made).
Keep an eye on the Screen Rant Comic-Con page for all the convention news.