There is no other car in the world that is more recognizable than Batman’s Batmobile. The dark knights trusted steed is point of cultural fixation, reflecting the time and tastes of each era in which it appears. Last year we showcased an infographic of the Batmobile’s evolution over the years, but the Bat-cars that have appeared on the comic book page and in cartoons aren’t quite as enjoyable as seeing a real-live, engine-revving version of a Batmobile brought to life by some of the industry’s most inventive minds.
In honor of The Dark Knight Rises – which will feature both new versions of the “Tumbler” Batmobiles featured in Chris Nolan’s films, as well as a new flying vehicle, The Bat – Warner Bros. has brought all six live-action versions of the Batmobile to Comic-Con 2012, putting them on display as a set for the first time ever.
Check out some of the Batmobile images in our gallery below:
The Batmobiles featured in the pictures include:
- The 1960s version from the Batman TV Show Starring Adam West.
- The Batmobile from Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman movie.
- The version featured in Joel Schumacher’s 1995 Batman Forever movie.
- The version featured in Joel Schumacher’s 1997 franchise-killing sequel, Batman & Robin.
- The “Tumbler” version featured in Chris Nolan’s 2005 Batman Begins and the 2008 sequel, The Dark Knight.
- The Camouflaged Tumbler the villain Bane will use in The Dark Knight Rises.
Speaking personally: seeing the Batmobiles in all their shining reality gives one the thrill of being a little kid again; fantasizing about hopping behind the wheel of the Batmobile of your childhood era (and a few others) and speeding off into the night to battle crime. It doesn’t get much sweeter than that.
Be Sure to check back to Screen Rant’s Comic-Con Coverage Page for the latest news about the convention – and all the other juicy photos that will find their way into our Comic-Con 2012 Photos Gallery.
The 2012 San Diego Comic-Con takes place between July 11 – 15th, in San Diego, California.