Perhaps somewhat to his surprise Clark Gregg became a fan favorite throughout the course of his appearances in the Marvel movie franchises, beginning with Iron Man. As such, there are a good number of people who are looking forward to seeing how his character has evolved and developed in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers.
We had the opportunity to sit down with Gregg as well as Maria Hill herself, Cobie Smulders, at the Los Angeles press event for The Avengers to talk about:
- How Gregg’s character stands in for the audience in The Avengers and how his character was allowed to evolve in this film. (0:35)
- Where Cobie Smulders would like to see Maria Hill go in the larger Marvel universe. (1:47)
- The overarching theme in this series of Marvel movies culminating with The Avengers. (2:51)
- The two directions Gregg speculates that the Marvel movies are branching off in. (3:31)
With The Avengers opening this weekend we are certain that fans will have several questions about the future of these characters. As Gregg jokes with Smulders, however, the actors themselves are likely kept in the dark right up to the wire. As soon as there are further details available, though, Screen Rant will be right there to report the news.
Make sure to check out our previous Avengers interviews with:
- Director Joss Whedon — on finding “the Buffy of the story” and Hulk Smash.
- Sam Jackson (Nick fury) — on S.H.I.E.L.D, Lightsabers and geekdom.
- Tom Hiddleston (Loki) — on the future of his characters and his chances of redemption.
- Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) — on a Bourne-esque Black Widow movie, working with performance capture and the creation of The Hulk in The Avengers.
- Chris Evans (Captain America) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) — on how the storylines created in The Avengers will carry though into the continuation of their individual storylines in Captain America 2 and Thor 2.
Please don’t post any major plot spoilers in the comments of our Avengers interview posts. If you want to chat about the film head over to our Avengers spoilers discussion.
The Avengers opens in U.S. theaters today.
Follow me on twitter @JrothC
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!