Arrow was a most welcome presence at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con, as fanboys and girls have embraced DC Comics, Warner Bros. and The CW’s new blueprint for what superhero TV shows are all about. Arrow season 3 has already gained some major attention for casting iconic DC characters like Katana, The Atom, and a revamped Count Vertigo into the mix – as well as revealing some impressive promo art of DC superhero Arsenal, aka the fully-costumed Roy Harper.
However, it was the Arrow Comic-Con panel that many fans lined up to see, and the showrunners – along with star Stephen Amell and the ensemble cast – did not want to disappoint.
SEASON 3 REVEALS
- Season 3 is fully mapped out as of now.
- Thea is going to go through some big changes (possibly super changes?) – “…I’m hitting the gym…” says actress Willa Holland.The Thea that you saw in seasons 1 and season 2 is not coming back for season 3.”
- Daddy Diggle will be a focus of season 3’s subplots.
- Arrow and The Flash will have a crossover event when each show hits episode 8. Each crossover episode for each show will be a two-hour event.
- Other small crossovers will happen – like Felicity going to Central City (S3E4).
- Brandon Routh’s Ray Palmer (The Atom) will be a romantic interest for Felicity.
- Amell ALSO thinks that Arsenal has a superior costume to Arrow.
- There will be fewer island flashbacks, but still some important storytelling that gets done in them.
- Established characters like Amanda Waller will get more to do; don’t expect a flood of newbies beyond the confirmed new additions.
- We will get Felicity flashbacks and learn more about her father (it’s NOT Prof. Ivo). Her flashbacks start in an episode called “Oracle”.
Stay tuned, there’s more to come! The Warner Bros./DC Entertainment television panel at San Diego Comic-Con will be held @8PM on Saturday, July 26th.
Arrow season 3 Premieres on Wednesday, October 8th @ 8/7c on The CW.
The Flash premieres Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 @8PM on The CW.
Source: Hat tip to (Coming Soon)